***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Are you passionate about raising people’s aspirations? Could you advise and motivate job seekers to upskill and or change direction to develop careers in emerging markets? Are you excited by innovation and helping people and communities thrive? Could you embark on the delivery of an exciting new programme?
RFEA – The Forces Employment Charity are the chosen delivery partner for an exciting initiative created by Enterprise M3 Initiative (EM3) and funded by DWP with ESF. The programme will support Veterans, their partners and spouses, and children as part of plans to lead economic recovery in the M3 region by growing a skilled population in digital enterprises (including medical technology and gaming), sustainable construction and low carbon, and space and satellite industries. A combination of practical employment support, accredited training, corporate mentoring, and work experience is offered to participants to provide the best possible routes to accessing sustainable employment emerging technologies and peripheral sectors.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, as Communications Officer the successful incumbent will be responsible for communications and marketing to raise and sustain the profile of RFEA’s EM3 programme, with potential and current clients, employers, and other partner organisations. The post holder will play a key role in the communications team and be the first point of contact for staff from the EM3 team.
- Act as the Communications team’s designated contact for the EM3 team and their communications requirements.
- Creation of online and offline content, including written and still/motion graphics.
- Scheduling of content on RFEA’s social media channels (currently Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram) using content management software.
- Website page and post updates.
- Production of email newsletters.
- Virtual and in-person event support.
- Assisting the PR consultant with interviewing clients and writing case studies.
- Management of our online client communities.
- Assisting the Head of Communications by ensuring correct use of RFEA’s brand guidelines both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with Communication Managers from Delivery Partners where there is a need for co-branding.
- When required undertake other tasks in support of RFEA’s wider work.
- Experience in creating content for on- and off-line channels.
- Excellent written English.
- Experience using design software, eg Canva.
- Experience of managing creative agencies and freelancers.
- Experience using social media scheduling software.
- Proven ability to deliver outcomes in accordance with demanding time and quality targets and to calmly and appropriately deal with conflicting priorities.
- Excellent internal and external relationship building skills.
- Strong communicator with excellent presentation skills.
- Empathy with and a good understanding of ex-Forces personnel and the challenges they can face.
- Experience of creating paid social media campaigns.
- Experience of working within a charity.
This is a Full-Time position (35 Hours Per Week) on a fixed term contract to December 2023. The role is blended home and office based (SW1W). A competitive Salary package of £28,000 per annum depending on experience including employee benefits.
To apply, please submit a Covering Letter and CV. Closing date for this position is 28 February 2022, however, interviews are likely to take as and when applications are received for an immediate start where possible.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service checks and a Ministry of Defence security clearance, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.