***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
RFEA The Forces Employment Charity exists to provide life-long, life-changing support, job opportunities, and training to service leavers, veterans, reservists and their families, irrespective of circumstances, rank, length of service, or reason for leaving. Founded in 1885 and operating across the UK, we have the specialist knowledge and understanding to bridge the gap between military life and civilian employment. We work in partnership with other organisations and employers who, like us, respect and value the unique qualities and abilities of all those who have served. Our vision is a UK where all veterans and their partners lead fulfilling working lives.
We are recruiting a highly motivated Development Manager. RFEA has a successful development team that has driven income growth over successive years to enable RFEA to reach more military veterans and families who need our support. Covid-19 mean that the need for our support continues to grow and we have ambitious targets over the next five years to raise our profile and reach everyone that needs our support.
The Development Manager will lead RFEA’s business development, fundraising and income generation. This will include researching and identifying new fundraising opportunities from trusts and foundations, government contracts and companies, and converting these into long term relationships. You will steward relationships with funders, including leading the team to produce clear comprehensive reports to demonstrate impact and outcomes that RFEA has achieved across the UK.
The role is based in Central London, with flexibility to work from home.
- Develop and implement the charity’s income development plan, working with the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Manage the development team, organising the workload and supervise outputs to jointly deliver all income generation and reporting activities.
- Identify suitable new funding opportunities, including government procurement, charities, trusts and foundations and corporates and develop ideas into compelling applications.
- Lead the development, preparation and submission of inspirational funding applications in line with requirements.
- Lead the management of monthly reporting requirements across the Veterans Programmes and demonstrate impact and outcomes according to grant agreements and contracts.
- Manage relationships with long-term funders and support those which are led by the Chief Executive or COO.
- Manage RFEA events and RFEA input into partner events where there is an income development or fundraising opportunity for RFEA.
- Record and maintain all activities using the RFEA Salesforce CRM database.
- Ability to manage the workload, outputs and people within a team to produce high quality outcomes in a fast moving environment.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy in preparing proposals.
- A highly motivated, supportive and collaborative team worker.
- Engaging personality with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- APMP Certification, this will be provided if not already held.
- Empathy with Armed Forces personnel and an understanding of the challenges they face in finding appropriate and sustainable employment; including vulnerable or disadvantaged individuals.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Strong ability to plan ahead and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Experience in leading funding applications.
- Excellent IT skills preferably including experience of working with a CRM database (Salesforce) – Training opportunities will be available as part of your role.
- APMP Certification. Training in this area and qualification can be offered.
This is a permanent full time position (37 hours per week) with a competitive salary package of £40,000 to £41,000, depending on experience, plus additional employment benefits .
To apply, please submit a Covering Letter/Personal Statement and a CV. The closing date for this position is 21 July 2021.