***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Are you passionate about raising people’s aspirations? Could you advise and motivate job seekers to upskill and or change direction to develop careers in emerging markets? Are you excited by innovation and helping people and communities thrive? Could you embark on the delivery of an exciting new programme?
RFEA – The Forces Employment Charity are the chosen delivery partner for an exciting initiative created by Enterprise M3 Initiative (EM3) and funded by DWP with ESF. The programme will support Veterans, their partners and spouses, and children as part of plans to lead economic recovery in the M3 region by growing a skilled population in digital enterprises (including medical technology and gaming), sustainable construction and low carbon, and space and satellite industries. A combination of practical employment support, accredited training, corporate mentoring, and work experience is offered to participants to provide the best possible routes to accessing sustainable employment emerging technologies and peripheral sectors.
Reporting to the EM3 Programme Manager and the National Employment Projects Manager, the successful incumbent will provide frontline support helping young people from Armed Forces Families build on their skills, confidence, and aspirations to join the world of work. Create employment pathways and deliver personalised holistic employment support plans with meaningful experiences and activities. Mentor young people to overcome any employment barriers that may be making it difficult for them to find work. Support their pathway to employment and foster of goodwill and partnerships in the local community. Apply existing professional networks to connect and engage with employers.
- Work with EM3 School Liaison to develop an Engagement Strategy to promote the benefits of employment, education and training assistance with case worker support to dependents of Armed Forces families.
- Work with the EM3 Marketing officer to promote EM3 Case Worker – School Leaver support directly on social media to beneficiaries, local businesses, charities, and other organisations working with military spouses and partners.
- Assist the EM3 Employer Liaison to develop an Employer Engagement Strategy to generate employment opportunities for dependents of Armed Forces families within the EM3 region.
- Proactively market the talent pool of school leavers and young people to Employers within the EM3 region, with an emphasis on technology, low-carbon, and future-focused organisations.
- Provide advice and guidance to dependents of Armed Forces families throughout the journey into employment or training following the RFEA Case Management Guidance and Work Instructions.
- Work closely with the EM3 Skills Curriculum & Providers Liaison to promote training and education opportunities from delivery partners for military dependents within the EM3 region.
- Manage cases and employment/training opportunities using RFEA’s CRM and Jobs Board systems.
- Proven success coaching/mentoring school leavers and young people to improve confidence, increase aspirations and achieve their vocational aims.
- Existing professional relationships and networks relating to young people training, education and employment in the EM3 area.
- Sound knowledge of the employment and education market, including recruitment, welfare to work provision, work-based learning, and vocational training.
- Evidence of achieving KPIs through self-motivation and initiative.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Evidenced ability to provide effective case-working support to adults to achieve agreed aims.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills and experience of using a CRM (Salesforce ideally).
- Clean driving licence and exclusive use of a car; travel required throughout EM3 region to support caseload.
- Empathy with Armed Forces community and an understanding of the challenges faced by them and their families in finding appropriate and sustainable employment.
- NVQ L4 in Advice, Information and Guidance
This is a Full-Time position (35 Hours Per Week) on a fixed term contract to December 2023. The role is home based with regular travel around the Hampshire and Surrey M3 regions. A competitive Salary package of £28,000 per annum depending on experience including employee benefits.
To apply, please submit a Covering Letter and CV. Closing date for this position is 9 January 2022, interviews are likely to take place during week beginning 17 January for an immediate start where possible.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service checks and a Ministry of Defence security clearance, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.