***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Are you passionate about raising people’s aspirations? Could you advise and motivate job seekers to upskill and or change direction to develop careers in emerging markets? Are you excited by innovation and helping people and communities thrive? Could you embark on the delivery of an exciting new programme?
RFEA – The Forces Employment Charity are the chosen delivery partner for an exciting initiative created by Enterprise M3 Initiative (EM3) and funded by DWP with ESF. The programme will support Veterans, their partners and spouses, and children as part of plans to lead economic recovery in the M3 region by growing a skilled population in digital enterprises (including medical technology and gaming), sustainable construction and low carbon, and space and satellite industries. A combination of practical employment support, accredited training, corporate mentoring, and work experience is offered to participants to provide the best possible routes to accessing sustainable employment emerging technologies and peripheral sectors.
Reporting to the EM3 Programme Manager and the National Employment Projects Manager, the successful incumbent will provide front line support to spouses and partners of still serving Armed Forces and ex-service personnel (Veterans); assistance into sustainable employment or training and vocational services within the EM3 region.
- Make a positive impact by putting our clients at the heart of everything you do.
- Assess individual client’s needs using an Outcome Star; identify any challenges and barriers.
- Ability to build rapport, show empathy, motivate, and increase aspirations.
- Support clients to develop their CVs and prepare for the job application process and interviews, along with soft skills including basic digital upskilling if required.
- Develop an Engagement Strategy to promote the benefits of employment, education, and training assistance with case worker support to spouses and partners of serving Armed Forces and Ex Service personnel.
- Work with the EM3 Marketing officer to promote EM3 Case Worker – Spouses & Partners support directly on social media to beneficiaries, local businesses, charities and other organisations working with military spouses and partners.
- Assist the EM3 Employer Liaison to develop an Employer Engagement Strategy to generate employment opportunities for military partners and spouses within the EM3 region.
- Proactively market the talent pool of military spouses and partners to Employers within the EM3 region, with an emphasis on technology, low-carbon and future-focused organisations.
- Provide advice and guidance to spouses and partners of serving Armed Forces and Ex Forces personnel throughout the journey into employment or training following the RFEA Case Management Guidance and Work Instructions.
- Work closely with the EM3 Skills Curriculum & Providers Liaison to promote training and education opportunities from delivery partners for military partners and spouses within the EM3 region.
- Manage cases and employment/training opportunities using RFEA’s CRM, Jobs Board.
- Support participants with childcare needs to receive childcare support from local services and existing local and government schemes.
- Evidence of working in a customer facing environment and delivering excellent customer service.
- Able to demonstrate coaching/mentoring experience and persuasion/influencing skills.
- A desire to achieve through self-motivation and initiative, with an ability to exercise judgement and discretion.
- Evidenced ability to provide effective case-working support to adults to achieve agreed aims.
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills and experience of using a CRM.
- Outreach work – promoting RFEA EM3 within the region.
- Clean driving licence and exclusive use of a car. There may be significant travel associated with supporting military spouses and partners.
- Empathy with Armed Forces personnel and an understanding of the challenges faced by them and their families in finding appropriate and sustainable employment.
- A good understanding of the employment and education market, including recruitment, welfare to work provision, work-based learning, and vocational training.
- NVQ L4 in Advice, Information and Guidance.
This is a Full-Time position (35 Hours Per Week) on a fixed term contract to December 2023. The role is home based with regular travel around the Hampshire and Surrey M3 regions. A competitive Salary package of £28,000 per annum depending on experience including employee benefits.
To apply, please submit a Covering Letter and CV. Closing date for this position is 9th January 2022, interviews are likely to take place during week beginning 17th January for an immediate start where possible.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service checks and a Ministry of Defence security clearance, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.