***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Are you passionate about raising people’s aspirations? Could you advise and motivate job seekers to upskill and or change direction to develop careers in emerging markets? Are you excited by innovation and helping people and communities thrive? Could you embark on the delivery of an exciting new programme?
RFEA – The Forces Employment Charity are the chosen delivery partner for an exciting initiative created by Enterprise M3 Initiative (EM3) and funded by DWP with ESF. The programme will support Veterans, their partners and spouses, and children as part of plans to lead economic recovery in the M3 region by growing a skilled population in digital enterprises (including medical technology and gaming), sustainable construction and low carbon, and space and satellite industries. A combination of practical employment support, accredited training, corporate mentoring, and work experience is offered to participants to provide the best possible routes to accessing sustainable employment emerging technologies and peripheral sectors.
Reporting to the EM3 Programme Manager and the National Employment Projects Manager, the successful incumbent will provide front line support employability and employment support for veterans in order that they find appropriate sustainable employment, or other Preferred Vocational Outcomes within the EM3 region.
Make a positive impact by putting our clients at the heart of everything you do.
- Assess individual client’s needs using an Outcome Star; identify any challenges and barriers.
- Identify veterans who would benefit from Specialist Vocational Adviser support.
- Ability to build rapport, show empathy, motivate, and increase aspirations.
- Provide advice and guidance on suitable job and training opportunities for the skills and aspirations of each veteran in their local employment market using Regional Employment Bulletins, knowledge of the EM3 employment market and RightJob.
- Support veterans to develop their CVs and prepare for the job application process and interviews, along with soft skills and basic digital upskilling if required.
- Support veterans to network with employers including at Jobs Fairs and using LinkedIn, as well as working closely with the EM3 Employer Liaison.
- Provide advice and guidance for veterans to obtain appropriate work experience placements or work based training, or vocational training provided by delivery partners, working closely with the EM3 Skills Curriculum & Providers Liaison.
- Make appropriate referrals to other military charities and/or other organisations for wider needs.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity in all interactions with the Data Management System (Salesforce) ensuring timely recording of all veteran activity.
- Promote the EM3 Programme at regional events and sustain relationships regionally with military charities, local authorities and job centres.
- Work with the EM3 Marketing Officer to promote EM3 Case Worker – Veteran’s support directly on social media to beneficiaries, local businesses, charities and other organisations.
- Ensure all employment, training and vocational opportunities sourced are provided to the regional EM3 Employer Liaison, thus ensuring a joined up and integrated RFEA employer engagement approach.
- Identify and subsequently engage with training and Adult Education providers to identify opportunities that meet veteran’s needs, with particular emphasis on courses offered by training providers.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work largely unsupervised possibly within a multi-disciplinary environment dedicated to achieving successful outcomes for veterans.
- Strong communication techniques and an ability to liaise at all levels.
- A desire to achieve through self-motivation and initiative, with an ability to exercise judgement and discretion.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Clean driving licence and exclusive use of a car.
- Empathy with Armed Forces personnel and an understanding of the challenges they face in finding appropriate vocational activities and outcomes and if required sustainable employment, particularly vulnerable or disadvantaged individuals.
- A good understanding of the employment market, including recruitment, welfare to work provision, work-based learning, and vocational training.
- NVQ L4 in Advice, Information and Guidance.
This is a Full-Time position (35 Hours Per Week) on a fixed term contract to December 2023. The role is blended home based/outreach with regular travel around the Hampshire and Surrey M3 regions. A competitive Salary package of £28,000 per annum depending on experience including employee benefits.
To apply, please submit a Covering Letter and CV. Closing date for this position is 9 January 2022, interviews are likely to take place during week beginning 17 January for an immediate start where possible.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service checks and a Ministry of Defence security clearance, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.