***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Are you passionate about raising people’s aspirations? Could you advise and motivate job seekers to upskill and or change direction to develop careers in emerging markets? Are you excited by innovation and helping people and communities thrive? Could you embark on the delivery of an exciting new programme?
RFEA – The Forces Employment Charity are the chosen delivery partner for an exciting initiative created by Enterprise M3 Initiative (EM3) and funded by DWP with ESF. The programme will support Veterans, their partners and spouses, and children as part of plans to lead economic recovery in the M3 region by growing a skilled population in digital enterprises (including medical technology and gaming), sustainable construction and low carbon, and space and satellite industries. A combination of practical employment support, accredited training, corporate mentoring, and work experience is offered to participants to provide the best possible routes to accessing sustainable employment emerging technologies and peripheral sectors.
Reporting to the EM3 Programme Manager and the Employment Projects Manager, the EM3 Employer Liaison will source and secure suitable quality vacancies and vocational opportunities for all Service Leavers, Veterans, Reservists, Spouses/Partners and Dependants within the EM3 region. The EM3 Employer Liaison will engage, develop and manage relationships with key employers and employer organisations across the EM3 region.
- Develop and implement an intelligence led, regional employer engagement strategy which links key regional employer job opportunities with the career requirements of all veterans and their families. These should include full-time appointments, part time appointments, work experience placements, suitable self-employment, and vocational opportunities.
- Proactively market the transferrable skills and experience of all veterans and their families to potential employers within the EM3 area.
- Work with employers across regional industry sector networks to determine future skill and talent pipeline requirements. Work with the EM3 Skills Curriculum & Providers Liaison and Delivery team to integrate these into the Training and Employment Support.
- When required, manage the End to End (E2E) process for specialist key account employer recruitment campaigns focused in the EM3 region.
- Work closely with EM3 Marketing Officer to promote EM3 project and its beneficiaries to regional employers.
- Develop and maintain strong links with regional SME employers, with a focus on technology, low-carbon, and future-focused industries.
- Share information on regional training opportunities with EM3 Skills Curriculum & Providers Liaison especially those opportunities leading to jobs.
- Promote and assist with the organisation of Employment Fairs and Industry Awareness Events.
- Assist the EM3 ESF Finance & Reporting Officer to provide regular input to employment reports as required by EM3 contract.
- Strategic self-starter.
- Thorough understanding of recruitment including job market and vocational training, job matching, and selection processes.
- Evidence of gathering industry intelligence and creating targeted campaigns.
- Evidence of initiating and managing high-level and influential external relationships.
- Ability to deliver outputs against demanding schedules and work to a set of Performance Indicators (PIs).
- Strong presentation, all-round communication, and persuasion skills and experience of collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills, competent using CRM and MS software.
- Ability to produce reports, analyse data and clearly present findings.
- Certificate in Recruitment Practice or equivalent
- Experience of marketing/PR/sales /account management.
- An empathy with and a good understanding of Armed Forces personnel and their employability.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
This is a Full-Time position (35 Hours Per Week) on a fixed term contract to December 2023. The role is blended home working and outreach. A competitive Salary package of £32,000 per annum depending on experience including employee benefits.
To apply, please submit a Covering Letter and CV. Closing date for this position is 9 January 2022, interviews are likely to take place during week beginning 17 January for an immediate start where possible.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service checks and a Ministry of Defence security clearance, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.