***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Are you passionate about raising people’s aspirations? Could you advise and motivate job seekers to upskill and or change direction to develop careers in emerging markets? Are you excited by innovation and helping people and communities thrive? Could you embark on the delivery of an exciting new programme?
RFEA – The Forces Employment Charity are the chosen delivery partner for an exciting initiative created by Enterprise M3 Initiative (EM3) and funded by DWP with ESF. The programme will support Veterans, their partners and spouses, and children as part of plans to lead economic recovery in the M3 region by growing a skilled population in digital enterprises (including medical technology and gaming), sustainable construction and low carbon, and space and satellite industries. A combination of practical employment support, accredited training, corporate mentoring, and work experience is offered to participants to provide the best possible routes to accessing sustainable employment emerging technologies and peripheral sectors.
Reporting to the EM3 Programme Manager, the EM3 ESF Finance and Reporting Officer will provide finance administration and reporting support as required by the EM3 (ESF) contract requirements. A secondary function is general administration and HR support to EM3 project. Close liaison with the relevant project team.
Finance responsibilities to include:
- Issue invoices to funders where required by grant agreements or contracts, and process bills from suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Undertake cost accounting, allocate and reconcile costs by fund and sub-contractor, issue and report on expenditure budgets.
- Compiling staff expense claims, training and other programme costs in accordance with company policy.
- Account and bank reconciliations, and ensuring tax compliance, e.g. ensuring input VAT is not claimed against grant income.
- Prepare monthly management reports, working with the Head of Finance, Programme Manager and COO to determine levels of risk.
- Improve finance functions and processes where necessary or desired and engage in other finance tasks as necessary or required.
Reporting responsibilities to include:
- Monitor European Social Fund project claims and support project staff through the preparation for the collection of claims data.
- Ensure that the important ESF evidence and financial compliance requirements are met.
- Ensure partner organisations know when and how to provide this vital information correctly and within the required timeframes.
- Administer and review systems to maintain records of all project activity for funders, partners, and audit.
- Deal with routine enquiries from funder, partners, and other stakeholders; providing advice and support to funder in the submission of data.
- Processing all reporting requirements to support the EM3 contract, working closely with the EM3 Employer Liaison, Delivery Partners, Case Workers and EM3 Skills Curriculum & Providers Liaison.
- Collating and distributing reports as directed.
- Assist the EM3 Programme Manager with ISO 9001 compliance.
Administration Responsibilities to include:
- HR Administration in line with EM3 Programme Manager direction.
- Processing all holiday requests and sickness absence management.
- Processing all joiners and leavers in accordance with EM3 Programme Manager direction.
- Organising electronic directories, diary management, organising travel and accommodation as directed.
- Data inputting, electronic filing, incoming and outgoing mail, scanning documents and photocopying.
- Arranging meetings, sourcing, and booking venues, refreshments, inviting and monitoring attendees.
- Strong IT proficiency in MS Office including use of spreadsheets to check, analyse and reconcile data.
- A keen eye, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise, work methodically and to strict deadlines.
- Experience of working on own initiative and as part of a small team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent numeracy skills and experience of database management.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Willingness to learn, flexibility in approach.
- Salesforce database and reporting experience.
- Knowledge of the Armed Forces.
- HR administration experience.
- Cost accounting experience.
This is a Full-Time position (35 Hours Per Week) on a fixed term contract to December 2023. The role home and office based in London (SW1W). A competitive Salary package of £30,000 per annum depending on experience including employee benefits.
To apply, please submit a Covering Letter and CV. Closing date for this position is 9 January 2022, interviews are likely to take place during week beginning 17 January for an immediate start where possible.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service checks and a Ministry of Defence security clearance, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.