***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Are you passionate about raising people’s aspirations? Could you advise and motivate job seekers to upskill and or change direction to develop careers in emerging markets? Are you excited by innovation and helping people and communities thrive? Could you embark on the delivery of an exciting new programme?
RFEA – The Forces Employment Charity are the chosen delivery partner for an exciting initiative created by Enterprise M3 Initiative (EM3) and funded by DWP with ESF. The programme will support Veterans, their partners and spouses, and children as part of plans to lead economic recovery in the M3 region by growing a skilled population in digital enterprises (including medical technology and gaming), sustainable construction and low carbon, and space and satellite industries. A combination of practical employment support, accredited training, corporate mentoring, and work experience is offered to participants to provide the best possible routes to accessing sustainable employment emerging technologies and peripheral sectors.
Reporting to the EM3 Programme Manager and the Employment Projects Manager, the EM3 Schools Liaison will be the key brand ambassador for RFEA/EM3 responsible for increasing social mobility by helping young people from Armed Forces backgrounds discover what they are amazing at, broaden aspirations and options within the world of work. Build and develop relationships with secondary schools and colleges, community organisations and other relevant groups and partners to provide career support and activities to the dependants of Armed Forces Families.
Project/Programme/Event development and management:
- Working with schools and dependents to understand their needs and tailor approach and shape operations accordingly.
- Developing, planning, implementing, and evaluating creative activities, events, programmes and marketing initiatives and tools, that resonate with our partners and dependents’ (both direct and institutional) expectations.
- Ensuring projects have clear objectives, deliverables, and measurable outcomes.
- Working with RFEA/EM3 Marketing and School Marketing Teams to develop content for Education liaison pages implement strategies, communication, and engagement plans through relevant channels (i.e., newsletters, social media etc.).
- Working with RFEA/EM3 Marketing to ensure project communications are highly engaging, coordinated and audience appropriate, provide clarity, consistency of tone and are aligned with RFEA brand and values.
- Utilising the use of social media, digital technology platforms and communications in creative ways to engage with staff at schools and colleges and other key stakeholders and to evaluate and monitor the impact and success of these and market best practice to improve.
Sector insight and analysis:
- Analysing and interpreting data when required for impact and evaluation purposes.
- Actively providing insight for EM3 Programme Manager to inform, adapt and evaluate ongoing operations.
- Undertaking research and information gathering.
- Monitoring statistics around usage of communication channels and web.
- Other tasks required by the EM3 Programme Manager consistent with the role.
- Dynamic, warm, friendly, articulate, self-motivated, organised.
- Strong copywriting and proofreading skills.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the UK education system.
- An understanding of current social mobility agendas.
- Experience working within or closely with an HE environment.
- Ability to translate strategies into creative content to appeal to different target audiences.
- High level of ICT skills and familiarity with IT systems and applications including MS Word, Excel, and Access as well as data management (Salesforce ideally).
- Ability to analyse and interpret data.
- Strong networker – able to develop and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Proven and demonstrate ability to maintain work standards requiring close attention to detail and to excellent care and service standards.
- Proven ability to motivate, inspire and relate successfully to young people.
- Experience of working with UK education.
- Background in sales, marketing, PR, business development or customer service role.
- Good knowledge of UK qualification framework and progression pathways.
- Empathy with Armed Forces personnel and an understanding of the challenges faced by them and their families in finding appropriate and sustainable employment.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
This is a Full-Time position (35 Hours Per Week) on a fixed term contract to December 2023. The role home working with travel within the Hampshire and Surrey region. A competitive Salary package of £30,000 per annum depending on experience including employee benefits.
To apply, please submit a Covering Letter and CV. Closing date for this position is 9 January 2022, interviews are likely to take place during week beginning 17 January for an immediate start where possible.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service checks and a Ministry of Defence security clearance, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.