***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
The Forces Employment Charity Connect with us on Facebook Connect with us on Twitter Connect with us on Google+
We exist to provide life-long, life-changing support, jobs and training opportunities to service leavers and veterans, irrespective of circumstances, rank, length of service or reason for leaving.
Founded in 1885 and operating across the UK, we have the specialist knowledge and understanding to bridge the gap between military life and civilian employment.
We work in partnership with other organisations and employers who, like us, respect and value the unique qualities and abilities of all those who have served.
A new opportunity has arisen within RFEA – The Forces Employment Charity for a highly motivated Employer Relationship Manager for the North East of England to join its dedicated Employment Team embedded within the Career Transition Partnership (CTP). The role, based in Newcastle, is principally to source and secure suitable vacancies and vocational opportunities for HM Forces Service Leavers (SLs) resettling through the CTP and to develop, secure and manage relationships with employers across the North East region.
Develop and implement an intelligence led, regional employer engagement strategy which links key regional employer job opportunities with the career requirements of all SLs. These should include full-time appointments, part time appointments, work experience placements, suitable self-employment and vocational opportunities.
Proactively market the transferrable skills and experience of all SLs to potential employers, particularly potential regional key accounts.
Work with employers across industry sector networks to determine future skill and talent pipeline requirements. Work with the Key Accounts staff and regional CTP staff to integrate these into the CTP Transition, Training and Employment Support strategy.
When required, manage the End to End (E2E) process for specialist key account employer recruitment campaigns focused in the region.
Manage the relationship with key regional CTP stakeholders, including:
- Regional employment organisations.
- Sectors Skills Councils
- MOD stakeholders – including RFCA, Sabre, and Regional Army Brigade Transition Staff.
- DWP regional Armed Forces Champions.
Work closely, co-ordinate, liaise and provide employer engagement related support (when requested and when appropriate) to the affiliated:
- CTP Regional Resettlement Centre (RRC).
- Regional CTP Assist Specialist Employment Consultant(s).
- CTP Future Horizon Employment Advisor(s).
- RFEA Ex-Forces Employment Advisors (supporting Veterans).
- Officers Association regional employment staff.
Maintain strong links with existing regional SME employers who have traditionally supplied appropriate jobs for SLs under CTP.
Ensure all regional employer contacts are encouraged to register, enter and manage their own vacancies on the CTP web site.
Maintain accuracy and integrity in all interactions with the CTP BMS (ADAPT), ensuring timely recording of own employer engagement activity.
Share information on regional training opportunities with CTP Training and the Preferred Supplier (PS) Manager, especially those opportunities leading to jobs.
When required, support the Key Accounts Team in the management of any high profile, national and specialist employer recruitment campaigns.
Promote and assist with the organisation of CTP Regional Employment Fairs, Sector Briefs, Industry Awareness Events and Brigade Transition Fairs – in conjunction with the relevant CTP RRC.
Provide regular input to employment reports and CTP publications.
When required, liaise with key regional Manpower offices in order to source regional employment opportunities that may be suitable for SL.
- Self Starter
- Certificate in Recruitment Practice or equivalent
- A comprehensive understanding of recruitment and industry intelligence, including the regional job market and vocational training, job matching, and selection.
- Proven track record of initiating and managing high-level and influential external relationships.
- Ability to deliver outputs against demanding schedules and work to a set of Performance Indicators (PIs).
- Strong presentation and all round communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong organisational skills and experience of managing and working in a team.
- Experience of using and exploiting advanced business management systems.
- Ability to analyse data and clearly present findings.
- Experience of marketing, PR and customer liaison.
- An empathy with and good understanding of Armed Forces personnel and their employability.
This is a permanent position with a competitive salary package of £30,000 to £31,000, depending on experience, plus employment benefits . To apply, please submit a Covering Letter and CV. Closing date for this position is 14 September 2019.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Ministry of Defence security clearance, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.