***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Are you looking for a job that will make a difference? Are you performance oriented and love helping people? If so, this could be the role for you!
A new opportunity has arisen within RFEA – The Forces Employment Charity for a highly motivated Employer Relationship Manager for the South to join its dedicated Employment Team embedded within the Career Transition Partnership (CTP). The role, based in Aldershot (or surrounding areas), is principally to source and secure suitable vacancies and vocational opportunities for HM Forces Service Leavers (SLs) resettling through the CTP and to develop, secure and manage relationships with employers across the South of England Region.
- Developing and implementing an intelligence led, regional employer engagement strategy which links key regional employer job opportunities with the career requirements of all SLs. These should include full-time appointments, part time appointments, work experience placements, suitable self-employment and vocational opportunities.
- Proactively marketing the transferrable skills and experience of all Service Leavers to potential employers, particularly potential regional key accounts.
- Work with employers across industry sector networks to determine future skill and talent pipeline requirements. Work with Key Accounts staff and regional CTP staff to integrate these into the CTP Transition, Training and Employment Support strategy.
- Manage the relationship with key regional CTP stakeholders, including:
- Regional employment organisations.
- MOD stakeholders – including Defence Relationship Managers (DRM), Reserve Forces and Cadet Association (RFCA), Regional Employer Engagement Director (REED) and Regional Army Brigade Transition Staff.
- Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) regional Armed Forces Champions.
- Maintain strong links with existing regional SME employers who have traditionally supplied appropriate jobs for SLs under CTP.
- Share information on regional training opportunities with CTP Training and the Preferred Supplier (PS) Manager, especially those opportunities leading to jobs.
- Promote and assist with the organisation of CTP Regional Employment Fairs, Sector Briefs, Company Insight Events and Brigade Transition Fairs – in conjunction with the relevant CTP RRC.
- A comprehensive understanding of recruitment and industry intelligence, including the regional job market.
- Proven track record of initiating and managing high-level and influential external relationships.
- Negotiation skills at all levels
- Ability to deliver outputs against demanding schedules and work to a set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Strong presentation and all round communication skills.
- Strong IT and organisational skills
- Ability to analyse data and clearly present findings.
- A good understanding of Armed Forces personnel and their employability.
- Experience of marketing, PR and customer liaison.
What we offer
- Competitive annual salary of £31,000
- Generous annual leave (25 days + bank holidays + Birthday Grant Leave)
- 4% Pension Contribution
- Training and development opportunities (including a Level 3 certificate in Recruitment Practice)
This is a permanent position for 35 hours per week. To apply, please submit a Covering Letter and CV. Closing date for this position is 18 April 2022 with interviews likely to take place the following week.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake Ministry of Defence security clearance, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.