***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
£26,000 to £27,500
RFEA is looking for a highly motivated Employment Advisor (Community) to join its Career Transition Partnership (CTP) Future Horizons team in the South East. The principal role will be to provide high quality vocational advice and guidance to people leaving the UK Armed Forces to ensure they find and secure appropriate and sustainable employment.
The successful applicant will have an impressive track record of delivering high quality employment support and guiding and advising people from all age groups. They will have a strong customer focus and be capable of working independently to targets and deadlines. Strong communication and organising skills, knowledge of the local employment market, training and adult education opportunities are essential. NVQ Level 4 in Information, Advice and Guidance is highly desirable, but not essential as tuition in this area will be given.
- Manage a caseload of referred Early Service Leavers (ESL) and ‘At Risk’ Service Leaver (SL) clients who have settled in the relevant regional area.
- In accordance with the CTP Future Horizons CCMP, provide careers, training and employment advice and guidance to referred individuals – to include information on:
- Personal development opportunities and preferred employment outcome.
- Local training opportunities.
- Local/Regional job prospects.
- Work remotely with ESLs and referred “At Risk” SLs to agree individual resettlement and career plans; including:
- Advice on career choices (including use of ‘MyPlan’ and ‘Plotr’ tools.
- Guidance in the development of a CV and preparation for interviews (using ‘MyPlan’).
- Continued needs assessment if required to identify vulnerability.