***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
RFEA are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with knowledge of the Armed Forces and Ex-Services charity network and the ability to understand the challenges more vulnerable veterans must overcome, particularly those who have entered the Criminal Justice System. This person will be home based (ideally Cambridge) travelling extensively around the Cambridgeshire region to provide face to face support to veterans within their home locations and partner organisations premises.
Project Nova is a support programme for Veterans primarily identified in Police Custody but also with referrals from core police and partner organisations from within the community, it is focussed on early intervention, support and diversion at point of contact with the Police or partner organisation in order to prevent re-offending and a potential prison sentence. Project Nova is jointly delivered by RFEA and WWTW and working in partnership with the NHS Liaison and Diversion Teams, Police custody suites, Police response officers, HMPPS and partners within the community.
The successful applicant for this role will have a track record of delivering high quality results, with a strong beneficiary focus and be capable of working independently to targets and deadlines. Strong communication, IT and organisational skills are essential along with mentoring and coaching. Experience & knowledge of the criminal justice system, local government agencies and the ability to develop a network of contacts are also required, along with a clean driving licence.
- Support the National Nova Manager to create and maintain strong working relationships with referring organisations in the Cambridgeshire Area, including the Police and NHS Liaison and Diversion.
- Receive details of referrals from the Nova Client Advisors, or directly. If referrals are received directly share information with the Nova Client Advisors.
- Engage with veterans face-to-face for the initial visit and as necessary throughout their engagement with Project Nova, following the Case Management Guidance, RFEA Policies and the Project Nova Procedures.
- Register each Nova Veteran’s details on the CRM and obtain consent to share their data with organisations in the support network and any further information required by the Project Nova registration.
- Undertake a comprehensive needs assessment with each Nova Veteran.
- Provide emotional support to veterans through regular contact whilst they are engaged with Project Nova.
- Establish a care coordination plan with each Nova Veteran.
- Work with families, statutory services and support networks to ensure effective participation in the Criminal Justice System.
- Keep clear records for each case on the CRM.
- Record the veterans journey on Outcome Star
- Ensure confidentiality.
- Develop Veteran employability and suitable opportunities for employment.
This role is ‘Home Based’ around the Cambridgeshire area and is offered initially on a one year fixed term contract, 35 hours per week with a starting salary of £26,000 rising to £27,500 after six months plus additional employee benefits.
To apply please submit a covering letter and applicable CV. The closing date is 19 April 2021. Interviews will take place in April for a start date in May 2021.
Applicants will be required to undertake an Enhance DBS Disclosure and Police Vetting.