***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Salary: £26,000 – £27,500 per annun
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne And Wear
Contract: Full-time, 12 Months Fixed Term with options to extend
Deadline: 5th May
RFEA, The Forces Employment Charity, is looking for a highly motivated advisor to provide vocational, employability and employment case-working support for wounded injured and sick and vulnerable veterans in order that they find appropriate sustainable employment, or other preferred vocational or well-being outcomes. Based in Newcastle, the applicant will have experience of supporting people with complex needs and a good understanding of the challenges faced by vulnerable Armed Forces veterans. The applicant for this role will have a strong customer focus and be capable of working independently to targets and deadlines.
- Assess beneficiary needs, using an ‘Outcome Star’ and motivational interviewing techniques.
- Make appropriate referrals to other military charities or other organisations for wider needs. This will include local activities, or peer mentoring, where social isolation is identified as an unmet need.
- Maintain the relationship with the beneficiary throughout the delivery of support to meet wider needs.
- Provide vocational diagnostics and advice to develop a sustainable action plan. This will be developed using our online employability tools and our understanding of the local employment market informed by the Regional Employment Bulletin and roles on Rightjob.
- Where additional motivational activities would be beneficial, organise participation in programmes such as Future for Heroes and RBLI Lifeworks.
- Identify and subsequently engage with training and Adult Education providers to identify opportunities that meet client’s requirements in accordance with action plans.
- Support applications for additional grants as necessary.
- Where confidence can be developed, or a route to employment created, provide advice and guidance for beneficiaries to obtain appropriate work experience placements, or work based training in accordance with their action plans.
- Support beneficiaries to develop their CVs and prepare for the job application process and interviews.
- Provide job search advice and job-brokerage using Regional Employment Bulletins, knowledge of the local employment market and RightJob .
- Ensure all SVA beneficiary employment, training and vocational opportunities sourced are provided to the regional Employer Relationship Manager (ERM).
- As required, provide in-work or placement support to ensure client vocational outcomes are sustainable.
- Co-ordinate with the RFEA Ex-Forces Employment Advisors (Veterans) other RFEA programmes and partner charities to identify beneficiaries who would benefit from SVA case working support.
- Monitor successful employment placement success for SVA clients as a key component of overall outcomes and contribute to wider outcomes monitoring as required.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity in all interactions with the data management system (ADAPT) ensuring timely recording of all client and employer/organisational engagement activity.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work largely unsupervised possibly within a multi-disciplinary environment dedicated to achieving successful outcomes for clients.
- Evidenced ability to provide effective case-working support to vulnerable adults to achieve agreed aims and preferred outcomes.
- Natural facilitative skills, used to managing stakeholders in a sensitive and sometimes pressured environment in which confidentiality is key.
- A desire to achieve through self-motivation and initiative, with an ability to exercise judgement and discretion.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Clean driving licence and exclusive use of a car. There may be significant travel associated with visiting vulnerable clients across our programmes.
- Empathy with Armed Forces personnel and an understanding of the challenges they face in finding appropriate vocational activities and outcomes and if required sustainable employment; particularly vulnerable or disadvantaged individuals.
- A good understanding of the employment market, including recruitment, welfare to work provision, work-based learning and vocational training.
- NVQ L4 in Advice, Information and Guidance (training will be given).
A highly competitive salary of £26,000 to £27,500 per annum based on experience in return for 35 hours per week. Employment benefits include 25 days annual leave, an employee assistance programme and a death in service benefit.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and CV here.
Closing date is midnight on 5th May 2019. For an informal discussion about this role contact Graham Liley, Head of Business Support RFEA.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Ministry of Defence security clearance which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for over 5 years. There is also a requirement for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check on appointment.