***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Salary: £22,000 – negotiable depending on experience PA
Type of employment: Full-time
Location: Commando Training Centre Royal Marines, potentially hybrid for approximately 3-5 months due to office development.
Contact: 12 Month Fixed term contract – with a view to a permanent contact
Hours: 35 Hours per week with occasional weekend and evening work
To apply, please submit a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com
Applications close at 16:00 on Friday 10 March 2023.
A role where you will be supported to learn and develop, this is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience of managing social media channels on a professional basis. This role will include the chance to develop your skills to create content to directly engage with our community.
This newly formed role offers the opportunity to make a genuine impact with your work and lay the marketing foundations to achieve our ambitious plans.
- Managing social media activity in line with the Digital Marketing Strategy
- Maintaining the website – resolving any issues with our third-party website developers
- Contributing to the wider Fundraising & Communications Strategy
- Creating content using the Adobe Creative Cloud and Canva for our social media channels, in line with the communications strategy & brand guidelines
- Building of email newsletters, in coordination with the Communications Manager and PR Officer
- Enhancing internal communications through new mediums, alongside Director of
- Fundraising and Comms and Communications Manager
- A willingness to learn aspect of Public Relations to cover for the PR Officer as and when required.
- Manage team photo library to ensure permissions and safe storage of digital assets
- Managing data to create analytical reports to track digital growth and engagement
- Contribute to the overall Communications function of RMA – The Royal Marines Charity
- Work and liaise with our external agencies as required
- Report on email newsletter performance monthly
Skills, Experience and Qualities
- Sound Microsoft 365 skills, including use of Outlook, Word, Team, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written communications skills, with the ability to write accurate and engaging content aimed at target audiences
- Experience of managing web and social media platforms and growing an organisation’s online visibility and engagement
- Excellent attention to detail, including the ability to proof-read and edit copy efficiently
- Ability to prioritise own workload and multi-task
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Respects confidentiality and upholds General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Experience in creation, implementation and analysis of paid media campaigns.
- Previous use of Canva
- Experience of using content management systems, such as WordPress
- Knowledge of Email Campaign Software, such as Mail Chimp or Campaign Monitor
- Experience of evaluating the success of campaigns using Google analytics and social media monitoring tools
- Understanding of Microsoft Dynamics
- Technically astute and commercially aware with excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organised, with the ability to prioritise and juggle numerous tasks.
- Ability to learn new programmes and software quickly
- Demonstrates empathy with the values of the Charity.
- Hands-on team player with a “can-do” attitude.
- Comfortable working in a military environment
- An analytical mind
Closing date – Friday 10 March 2023
RMA – The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.