***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
21 hrs per week, Central London, and Home
£45–48K per annum, pro rata dependant on experience
This is a part-time position 3 days per week. RMA-The Royal Marines Charity www.rma-trmc.org is the largest subsidiary of The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity Group (RNRMC), normally raising £3.5-4.5m per annum to provide through-life support to The Royal Marines and their families. Following the COVID-19 pandemic, we are seeking to further diversify in order to recover from the impact of the crisis on a fundraising strategy that has largely been events-focused.
An exceptional, persuasive and versatile person, with a high degree of attention to detail – you will play a crucial part in the teams’ ongoing success in growing voluntary income from Trusts, Foundations and Statutory sources from UK and abroad. Collaborating with teams across the charity to draft, edit and proofread bids and supporting material.
If you are an experienced bid writer with a proven track record of securing high value grants of £50,000 and above and developing successful projects, this is a great opportunity for you to join a successful team.
To be successful the Development Manager will need to be highly organised and motivated, a self-starter with an ability to assimilate. Be able to process information quickly and someone who is happy to do a certain level of business development and independent research. To generate concept notes and applications that match and sustain the funding needs of the charity and its delivery programme. The candidate will also be responsible for the stewardship of relevant organisations, ensuring that reporting timelines and processes are maintained and adhered to.
The successful candidate will be strengthening the Trusts and Statutory funding function alongside the Director of Development, building on recently laid foundations.
- Proactively identify prospects that have a strong fit with our cause and strategy
- Achieve an agreed annual trusts and statutory grant income target to support the Charity’s strategy and business plan.
- Research, write and co-ordinate high-quality grant applications ensuring deadlines are met and all internal contributors are clear as to their role in delivery and reporting.
- Drive and co-ordinate cross organisational bid and project development, working with colleagues and partners to develop new project concepts and support their writing of applications and reports.
- In collaboration with colleagues across the delivery teams develop detailed and accurate budgets for projects and funding applications, and which support full cost recovery and the Charity’s financial processes and reporting.
| Person Specification
· Proven track record of securing five or six figure funding, including multi-year, grants over £50,000.
· Significant experience of creating tailored funding applications and reports
· Knowledge/ recent experience of securing grants from at least one of The Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust or other statutory agencies, such as National Lottery.
· Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively to develop funding bids
· Demonstrable experience of cultivating, leading and coordinating partnerships to secure funding
· Experience of developing budgets to support funding bids including full cost recovery
· Successful track record of developing positive relationships with funders including monitoring and reporting progress
· Experience of prospect research to identify and match potential funders to funding needs
· Understanding of the key principles of effective project management
· Proven experience of strategic analysis and reporting to funders and Senior Managers.
· Stakeholder management knowhow to build and maintain great working relationships at all levels, and influence, internally and externally
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Good organisational skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines and targets.
· The ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information and business matters.
· A proactive and solutions focused approach to problem solving.
· The ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, partners and stakeholders at all levels.
· Experience on managing trust applications using CRM system MS Dynamics or similar.
· Strong Microsoft Office suite skills and use of databases and internet for research
- Maintain an up-to-date overview of project funding (current and planned) and track funding opportunities and match with the project priorities.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with potential and existing major funders to deepen their involvement with and support for the Charity.
- Ensure that match funding needs resulting from grant applications are identified, communicated early and integrated into wider fundraising planning.
- Keep abreast of grant fundraising trends in the UK welfare and fundraising sector and follow new funding developments that can be applied to the RMA-TRMC’s work, including through networking and researching funding opportunities.
- Ensure all applications (whether successful or not) are recorded on the CRM database.
- Understanding of The Royal Marines, Naval and military environments.
- Institute of Fundraising qualification
- Must be prepared to travel between charity offices (Portsmouth, Exeter and Plymouth)
- Must have the right to work in the UK
- Train and mentor the Development Officer so he can assist with writing bid applications, reports and other associated workloads. This will enable the team to manage workflow and workload, adapting plans for key delivery periods.
- Demonstrate qualities that motivate and inspire team members to engage with the bid writing process.
- Location: Our office in Piccadilly, Central London and home.
- Salary: £45-48k p.a pro rata
- Hours: 21 hrs pro rata
- Immediate start
- Closing date 23 September 2022
- This is a 1 year fixed term contract. This position could become permanent thereafter.
For further information or to submit your application, please email CVs to Tom Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org