***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
|Job Title||Fundraising Manager – 1 Year Fixed Term|
|Department||Fundraising & Communications|
|Primary Location||Building 72, Commando Training Centre Royal Marines, Lympstone, Devon|
|Role Reports to||Director of Fundraising & Communications|
|Salary||£28,000 – £30,000 DOE|
|Type||Full time – 35 hour per week|
|Closing date||1 September 2021|
This is a full-time role reporting to the Director of Fundraising & Communications, based in RMA – The Royal Marines Charity head office at Commando Training Centre, Lympstone. You will be responsible for delivering our ambitious Community Fundraising programme for 2022 and beyond. You will be an excellent relationship builder with an approachable and outgoing personality. You will be comfortable approaching individuals, businesses and local authorities. This is a supporter facing role that requires excellent interpersonal skills, a friendly customer-focussed approach and the ability to inspire and steward our fundraisers.
You will be diplomatic and friendly with strong verbal and written communication skills. You will work hard to build relationships both internally and externally and you will relish in integrating within the wider Charity team. Ideally you will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience gained in a fundraising, event management or marketing role.
You will require excellent event and budget management skills, combined with a meticulous, accurate and disciplined approach to work. You will be able to prioritise a varied and busy workload and deliver to deadlines. You will be required to attend events and meetings outside of normal working hours (including weekends) and travel as necessary.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the line management of the Community Fundraiser and Volunteer Coordinator. You will also support the Director of Fundraising & Communications in delivery of the major events programme.
- Develop, manage and co-ordinate the community fundraising programme in close co-ordination with the Membership team.
- Provide inspiration and support to our community fundraisers to maximise income generation and build enduring relationships.
- Deliver the community fundraising income to budget.
- Recruit, manage and support current and potential fundraisers, helping them to reach their fundraising potential.
- Review and recommend community fundraising initiatives to the Director, to include full profit and loss analysis, return on investment (with an eye to CORF), use of resources and exploitation of sponsorship opportunities.
- Identify and develop new relationships with Corps Family community groups, serving Royal Marines, Association Branches and Members.
- Ensure fundraisers have all the relevant materials and equipment needed for their event, including appropriate legal advice and insurance.
- Ensure appropriate branding and messaging at all community led events.
- Ensure that community fundraising activity is communicated throughout the charity and distributed across all our media channels.
- Gather case studies from fundraisers and volunteers for use in marketing and publicity.
- Oversee the control and distribution of the charity’s fundraising and marketing materials in conjunction with the Community Fundraiser.
- Optimise Gift Aid opportunities across all community fundraising.
- Relate the charity’s community fundraising plans and activities to the RNRMC’s, and to other linked charities.
- Review and recommend community fundraising initiatives to the Director, to include: full profit and loss analysis, return on investment (with an eye to CORF), use of resources, venues and logistics; exploitation of sponsorship opportunities.
- Health and safety, insurance and contractual requirements.
- Produce and distribute thank you letters for community fundraising revenues between £10-£5k.
- Line management of the Community Fundraiser.
- Collaborate with other staff and provide support to the wider team during busy periods.
- Attend and support charity events as required.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer focus.
- Strong budget management skills
- High degree of knowledge and experience designing and coordinating events and activities, preferably within the charity sector, ideally community fundraising and challenge events.
- Experience of marketing and use of social media to promote, thank and engage supporters.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience of a similar role where there was a requirement to prioritise work flow, exceed financial targets and meet deadlines without close supervision.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Experience of database management (experience of Microsoft Dynamics would be an advantage)
- Excellent telephone, email and face-to-face communication.
- A real team player, willing to roll your sleeves up to contribute to wider charity initiatives.
- Honesty, integrity and sound judgement.
- Able to analyse information and make objective recommendations.
- Attention to detail and the ability to drive issues to successful conclusions.
- Organised, with the ability to prioritise and fulfil numerous tasks.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to develop, motivate and manage individuals and groups of supporters.
- Passionate about the cause and with a strong desire to help.
- Comfortable working in a military environment.
- Highly flexible with working hours to support wider charity activities.
- Conscientious, flexible, and adaptable nature to integrate and contribute within a small team.
Please send CV and covering letter to Caroline Casey – firstname.lastname@example.org