***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Salary: £22,000-24,000 PA
The successful applicant will also be comfortable operating with digital tools and have a willingness to operate across our Communications outputs.
- Leading on producing stories and case studies relating to the work of the Charity
- Copywriting of many through the format of many of our key outputs – News Stories, Impact Report, Press Releases, Website content, Globe & Laurel
- Identifying opportunities within stories in order to generate publicity
- Build a wide ranging database of media contacts in order to enable appropriate distribution of content
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team, analysing and adapting as appropriate
- Handle incoming PR enquiries
- Identifying PR opportunities, using multiple tools including social media
- Contributing to social media engagement and brand awareness campaigns
- Including: Monitoring and dealing with social media messages/replies alongside the wider team
- Contributing to our wider-reaching Marketing & Communications strategy
- Attending and supporting events as required.
You will be perfectly suited for this role if you have…
- A love of writing!
- An outgoing personality, eager to engage with all aspects of media
- Experience working in a PR/press team or a background in journalism
- Strong research skills
- Experience of writing press releases and dealing with traditional and digital media
- The ability to write creatively and produce engaging content
- A willingness to assist our wider digital efforts, including social media and email
- A knowledge of social media and experience using Microsoft 365 programmes
- Experience of using Microsoft Dynamics would be a distinct advantage
- Initially 1-year fixed term with a view to a long-term position becoming available
- 35 hours per week
- 30 Days Annual Leave, plus bank holidays
- Non-Contributory Pension Scheme
- Gym Access (CTCRM)
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
RMA – The Royal Marines Charity is a forces-friendly employer and has proudly signed the Armed Forces Covenant. The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise by the nation ensuring that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families, are treated fairly.