***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Reports to: Head of Communications
Location: HQ Air Command, RAF High Wycombe/Clare Charity Centre, Saunderton/RAF Central Fund Danesfield, Marlow (due to the location of the Fund’s offices this position would be best suited to a driver).
Salary: up to £25,000
Hours: 37.5 per week
Providing support to the Head of Communications to develop, resource and implement the RAF Central Fund (‘the Fund’) internal and external communications strategy and messaging. Working with the Head of Communications and small Fund team to raise the profile of the Fund, through the ongoing development of the Fund’s brand and fundraising profile.
- Work with the Head of Communications to develop and deliver communications strategies across all appropriate media including brand marketing, advertising, digital and social media and production of soft and hard copy materials.
- Completing research and analysis to provide the Head of Communications with resources to support the planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of communications and fundraising campaigns.
- Act as a brand guardian to ensure consistency of messaging and terminology across all internal and external communications and media.
Social Media & Digital
- Support the Digital Communications Coordinator to develop and manage the website and social media platforms for the Fund.
- Production of regular reports detailing social media activity for internal communications.
- Act as the point of contact with the external website and application consultants for routine activities.
Publications & Media
- Lead on the co-ordination of copy-writing, design and production of communication and fundraising materials across digital and hard media.
- Act as the liaison with external support agencies for the compilation, design and production of all communications and fundraising materials.
- Coordinate the timetabling of advertisements and copy into external publications.
- Support the Head of Communications to provide training to staff on branding and key communications issues.
- Act as a Fund spokesperson, including the delivery of presentations to serving RAF personnel.
- Coordinate external media activities and communications.
- Review communications and fundraising presentations and materials to ensure relevancy.
- Managing the coordination of internal and external resources and agencies for promotional and fundraising events.
- Assist with the on-site set-up and manning of stands for promotional events.
- Completing planning, coordinating, monitoring and follow-up of events, including drafting letters of thanks and post activity analysis.
- Lead on the co-ordination of internal and external resources to promote the Lottery to new and existing players.
- Liaise with the Office Manager to ensure that Lottery winners receive accurate promotion messaging and publicity for the Fund is maximised.
- Liaise with the Grants Officer to maximise opportunities for Lottery promotion through grants programmes.
- Ensure compliance with the Fund’s policies and procedures in all aspects of work.
- Ensure GDPR and other relevant legislation is adhered to across the communications team.
- Arrange internal/external meetings for the Head of Communications and organise travel, accommodation and related arrangements for events/visits as required.
- Liaise with the Office Manager to ensure appropriate Lottery and other communications and fundraising reporting is appropriate and current.
- Collating accurate marketing information from the database for use by the Communications team and other colleagues across the Fund.
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonable required in support of the Fund’s objectives as required and any other duties identified by the Head of Communications.
- Experience of working within a fundraising, communications or marketing environment.
- Providing administrative support to small busy teams.
- A problem-solving approach to tasks and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience of creating social media content within wider administrative role.
- Excellent written communication skills in producing content relevant a range of audiences.
- Proof reading skills and high attention to detail.
- Excellent IT software skills and experience of CRM databases.
- Ability to build rapport quickly and to understand the requirements of a diverse range of stakeholder groups.
- Ability to gather information and summarise to present to varying audiences.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Full UK driving licence.
- A sense of personal accountability to deliver on your commitments is vital. A self-starter with ability to work independently across multiple physical sites with minimal time management.
- Ability to manage a varied workload against deadlines and agreed timetables.
- Able to travel and stay away from home (with notice).
- Dependable and reliable, able to keep calm and productive under pressure.
- Knowledge of the Armed Forces environment.
- Experience of working in the Not-for-Profit sector.
- A strong interest in design and experience with creative software packages.
- Experience in Lottery Marketing and Promotion.
If you have the relevant experience required and are interested in this superb opportunity, please submit your CV and a covering letter to KHansford@rafcf.org.uk.