***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Job reference: R13938-18
Application closing date: 31/10/2018
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £26,000 per annum
Package: Permanent. 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Employee Assistance Helpline, Life Assurance
Voluntary Benefits: Childcare Vouchers, Group Pension Plan
Job category/type: Fundraising
About The National Memorial Arboretum
The Arboretum is the UK’s year-round centre of Remembrance and part of The Royal British Legion(TRBL). Home to over 350 memorials, including the nationally-important Armed Forces Memorial, it remembers the service and sacrifice of those who have served and continue to serve our country. The 150-acre site features around 30,000 maturing trees and an abundance of wildlife. Each year the Arboretum welcomes around 300,000 visitors, many of whom attend one of the 200+ events which take place across the site.
In March 2017, the National Memorial Arboretum formally opened its new award-winning Remembrance Centre.
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
* A desire to provide great customer service
* Enjoy and thrive in working in teams and with others
* Passionate about supporting the ongoing development of the Arboretum
* Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
* An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so then we would like you hear from you…
The Arboretum is looking for a successful and dynamic Fundraising Officer who can drive annual giving across a range of appeals and platforms. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, key responsibilities include:
* Working with front of house team to grow and develop visitor donation income.
* Coordinating direct mail and online annual fundraising appeals
* Leading on the development of the Friends’ scheme to increase membership and grow income.
* Investigating and managing new ways of giving, including events based activity.
* Working with senior Arboretum staff and volunteers to develop and build relationships with annual funders and fundraising suppliers.
* Planning, managing and reviewing all fundraising outreach activity.
* In partnership with fundraising advisor and marketing team, developing on and off site fundraising communications.
* Working closely with Arboretum events team to deliver memorable supporter events.
* Working to targets and monitoring performance.
The successful candidate must have proven fundraising experience including membership schemes, person to person fundraising and direct-mail. Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential. Attendance and delivery of events outside normal working hours will occasionally be required and the ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload will be essential.
Job description: Click here
For more information, including how to apply: Click here
Closing date for this role is: 31 October 2018