***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Job reference R13837-18
Application closing date 20/09/2018
Location West Midlands
Salary £20,306.69 per annum
Package Permanent. 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Employee Assistance Helpline, Life Assurance
Voluntary Benefits Childcare Vouchers, Group Pension Plan
Job category/type Gardening & Landscaping
About The National Memorial Arboretum
The Arboretum is the UK’s year-round centre of Remembrance and part of The Royal British Legion. Home to over 350 memorials, including the nationally-important Armed Forces Memorial, it remembers the service and sacrifice of those who have served and continue to serve our country. The 150-acre site features around 30,000 maturing trees and an abundance of wildlife. Each year the Arboretum welcomes around 300,000 visitors, many of whom attend one of the 200+ events which take place across the site. In March 2017, the National Memorial Arboretum formally opened its new award-winning Remembrance Centre.
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
– A desire to provide great customer service
– Enjoy and thrive in working in teams and with others
– Passionate about supporting the ongoing development of the Arboretum
– Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
– An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so then we would like you hear from you….
The Arboretum is looking for a gardener who, under the general guidance and direction of the Grounds & Gardens Team Leader, will assist in the maintenance, conservation and development of the gardens, and all other horticultural aspects.
Reporting to the Arboretum Grounds & Gardens Team Leader, the key responsibilities include:
* To assist in the maintenance, conservation and practical management of all areas of the grounds.
* To assist in the supervision of volunteers working on the grounds maintenance.
* To undertake pruning, planting of trees and shrubs, mowing of lawns, hedge cutting and propagation of plants.
* To undertake general garden maintenance, woodland maintenance, fencing and boundary maintenance, maintenance of access features, practical conservation tasks including coppicing, litter clearance and weeding in the garden/Arboretum areas.
The successful candidate must be prepared to work the first Saturday of every month.
Job Description: Click here.
For more information including how to apply: Search here.
Closing date for this role is: Thursday 20th September 2018.
Interviews will take place week commencing: 1st October 2018.