***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
The Royal British Legion is the UK’s leading service charity providing care and support to serving members of the Armed Forces, veterans of all ages and their families; and is the Nation’s custodian of Remembrance. The Legion is also a membership organisation with around 247,000 members organised through 2,300 Branches operating across England, Wales, Northern Ireland and overseas.
The charity is now looking to recruit a high calibre Head of Financial Accounts to lead a team of seven financial accountants, based in the Finance Department in our Head Office.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, this challenging and varied role will involve:
- Acting as a member of the Senior Finance Team, contributing to the development of departmental objectives, customer service standards and a shared team Vision and ethos;
- Leading the production of the consolidated financial statements for the Legion Group and its subsidiaries, ensuring full compliance with the Charities SORP and all relevant accounting and reporting standards;
- Devising and maintaining an appropriate system of financial controls which meets the needs of a large, complex charity with multiple services, income streams and funds;
- Leading the Branch Accounting Team, ensuring that volunteer Branch Treasurers are appropriately supported to complete their accounts accurately and on time; and
- Acting as the Legion’s expert on VAT, gift aid and corporation tax issues, ensuring that timely and accurate advice is provided to internal customers of the Finance Department.
Follow this link for more information and to apply.