***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Permanent full time contract, based in Kent working 37 hours per week
Salary circa of £25,500 per annum, dependent upon experience
Main purpose of job:
To design and deliver vocational training courses and functional skills to a range of learners throughout Kent. Work with learners to achieve accredited qualifications and enhance employability skills to move into employment, further training or an apprenticeship.
Provide solid Information advice and guidance to learners to ensure purposeful decisions are agreed and made for the benefit of the learner.
Overview of the Role & Team:
The role will involve holding training courses and delivering qualifications to learners that have been referred for provision and that they are eligible for. Support learners to enable them to improve their skills and further develop career opportunities in a number of sites across Kent.
Work with a team of tutors to ensure quality and standardisation in line with internal quality assurance guidelines.
- Undertake initial assessments to identify levels of competency and identify skills levels and training required to achieve work or education related outcomes
- Develop and implement individual learning plans with each learner, assessing, reviewing and adjusting as appropriate
- Assist in the development and preparation of appropriate learning materials to enable learners to progress and achieve outcomes
- Prepare Schemes of Work and deliver appropriate exercises in order to progress learning plans and achieve outcomes
- Assist learners to achieve appropriate life and employability goals
- Identify and support learners with additional learning support needs
- Provide appropriate careers IAG
- Deliver functional skills courses across centres and in the work place when required
- Deliver vocational skills courses across centres and in the work place when required
- Develop and maintain partnerships with other stakeholders to support achievement of outcomes
- Comply with all company quality assurance requirements
- Complete all relevant paperwork to support learner outcomes
- Abide by Ofsted and Common Inspection Framework regulations at all times
- Actively ensure safeguarding of learners, particularly vulnerable adults
- Promote importance of equal opportunities and diversity considerations
- Attend Good Practice workshops and Team Meetings as required
- Maintain personal development to continuously enhance skills and knowledge
- Build positive relationships with Jobcentre Plus and all other relevant referral and stakeholder bodies locally to ensure volumes are maintained and effective development delivery of all programmes in the area
- Maintain up to date knowledge of training tools and techniques to ensure these are embedded in delivery practices
- Dynamic personality with an eye for detail
- Good planning skills
- Strategic, analytical, creative and critical skills
- Team player with proven networking skills
- Knowledge and expertise in training and instructional methodologies
- Innovative and visionary
- Good communicator at all levels
- Well-developed leadership and management skills
- Resourceful and resilient
Skills & Experience Required:
- Recognised teaching and assessing qualifications
- Excellent customer service skills
- Motivational and confident delivery
- Good communications skills across all levels
- Commitment to continuously improve and achieve good results on behalf of customers
- Commitment to personal development and CPD
- Ability to build good relationships with learners, employers and team members
- Hold a minimum Level 2 or equivalent in Numeracy, Literacy and IT
- Subject specialism to a minimum of Level 3
- Strong track record in training and having worked in the employment training sector
- Vocational experience in one or more of the following sectors would be an advantage: Warehousing, H&S, Retail, Construction, Business Administration, Employability, IT, functional skills
RBLI offer 20 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.