***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Application closing date 27/09/2017
Salary (Fixed term contract, 12 months in the first instance) 35 hours per week, 5 days £27,938.46 per annum
Package Benefits: Employee Assistance Helpline, Life Assurance. Voluntary Benefits: Childcare Vouchers, Group Pension Plan
Job category/type Education
The National Memorial Arboretum is the national centre for year-round Remembrance – a vibrant, living landscape of reflection and inspiration. Located in Staffordshire, in grounds of 150 acres, the Arboretum is a special place honouring those who have served, and continue to serve, our nation in many different ways. The site includes the iconic Armed Forces Memorial, a lasting tribute to those in the Armed Forces who have lost their lives in the service of their country.
Due to the success of the new Remembrance Centre and associated interpretation and Activity Plan supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF), the Heritage and Learning Team at the NMA seek to recruit a Learning and Family Activities Officer to plan, deliver and review a range of formal and informal learning activities for a wide range of audiences, on-site and off-site, helping to realise the full potential of the learning offer at the Arboretum.
Summary of Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the development and delivery of the Arboretum’s learning strategy and HLF-funded Activity Plan
- To deliver formal and informal onsite and outreach learning activities to a diverse range of audiences of varying ages, abilities and backgrounds
- To supervise, as well as provide support and training to, the NMA’s volunteer learning team
- To deliver wider learning opportunities (such as academic seminars, INSETS, etc.) to groups of a range of ages and abilities
- To develop and deliver family learning opportunities, summer activities, etc.
- To produce learning resources and support materials, including marketing materials
- To maintain the department’s bookings system and dedicated learning database
- To record participation numbers, feedback data, and report on progress, in line with HLF Activity Plan requirements, to Head of Heritage & Learning
- To ensure activity aligns with curriculum and qualification requirements and other relevant agendas
- Any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job.
This role is subject to relevant employment checks, including enhanced DBS clearance.