***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Job reference R13877-18
Application closing date 01/10/2018
Location West Midlands
Salary £8,648.33 pro rata (FTE £19,767.60)
Package Permanent. 25 days annual leave pro rata plus bank holidays, Employee Assistance Helpline, Life Assurance
Voluntary Benefits Childcare Vouchers, Group Pension Plan
Job category/type Administration
About The National Memorial Arboretum
The Arboretum is the UK’s year-round centre of Remembrance and part of The Royal British Legion. Home to over 350 memorials, including the nationally-important Armed Forces Memorial, it remembers the service and sacrifice of those who have served and continue to serve our country. The 150-acre site features around 30,000 maturing trees and an abundance of wildlife. Each year the Arboretum welcomes around 300,000 visitors, many of whom attend one of the 200+ events which take place across the site.
In March 2017, the National Memorial Arboretum formally opened its new award-winning Remembrance Centre.
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
– A desire to provide great customer service
– Enjoy and thrive in working in teams and with others
– Passionate about supporting the ongoing development of the Arboretum
– Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
– An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so then we would like you hear from you…
We are looking to recruit a part time Office Administrator to join the team of 4 who make up a rota to provide an efficient and courteous administrative support service across the National Memorial Arboretum.
Key responsibilities include:
- First point of contact for all NMA telephone enquiries
- Administer bookings made over the telephone
- Incoming/outgoing post duties
- Arranging meetings, refreshments and travel bookings
- Database inputting and maintenance
- Despatch of NMA literature
- Secretarial support including drafting of correspondence, minute taking and mail merge
- Cash counting
The successful candidate must have excellent keyboarding skills, working experience of Microsoft Office and pride themselves on delivering excellent customer service. Good communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential. A high level of accuracy will be required, together with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload.
Job description: Click here
For more information, including how to apply: Click here
Closing date for this role is: Monday 1 October 2018
Interviews will take place on: 11 October 2018