***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Application closing date 28/08/2017
Package Company Car plus: Benefits: Employee Assistance Helpline, Life Assurance. Voluntary Benefits: Childcare Vouchers, Group Pension Plan
Job category/type Property Maintenance
The Royal British Legion is recruiting an Regional Facilities Manager to work as part of a team, to oversee and manage the delivery of total facilities management and building maintenance at our varied operational portfolio, supporting the Head of Facilities Management in delivering and maintaining the highest level of service to our internal clients.
Our properties include care homes, hotels, offices and advice centres as well as branch, investment and other property types across the UK. You will be responsible for the day to day management, support and continuous improvement of outsourced Facilities Management (FM) services, to include general building maintenance, M&E maintenance, soft service delivery, statutory compliance, site records, annual budget planning and budget control to the occupiers of the Legion’s property portfolio – including our high profile central London Head Office. This will include direct support to our internal clients to ensure FM delivery meets their operational requirements and the implementation of FM best practices to protect and enhance the RBL’s property portfolio.
In additional to technical knowledge, this role requires excellent communication skills, diplomacy, integrity and the ability to build a trusted advisor relationship with internal clients. You will be able to discuss and explain technical issues/problems and provide support and resolution particularly in the event of issues that affect the delivery of services to those we support.
We are looking for:
- Education to degree level or significant proven relevant sector experience and qualification
- Industry professional membership such as MBIFM, MRICS or equivalent.
- Ideally a Health and safety qualification such as AIOSH and NEBOSH and/or Certificate level or NQF L3 equivalent, NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ an advantage
- Significant operational FM experience of managing multi-use property portfolios at a regional or ideally national level.
- Experience of building management within the care home/hospital/high dependency environment and knowledge of CQC/HSE requirements an advantage
- Experience of managing in-house FM services, outsourced TFM contracts with multiple service stakeholders and providers.
- A working knowledge of contract law, building regulations, HS&E legislation and statutory compliance requirements. A detailed understanding, ability to interpret and manage against agreed contract documents covering operational and commercial performance.
- Previous charity or not-for-profit sector experience an advantage.