***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
The Royal Engineers Association (REA) is the Regimental Association of the Corps of Royal Engineers. The original REA was founded in October 1912 under the name of The Royal Engineers Old Comrades Association. The Aims of the Association may be interpreted to be:
- To promote and support the Corps among members of the Association in the following ways:
- By fostering esprit de corps and a spirit of comradeship and service.
- By maintaining an awareness of Corps traditions.
- By acting as a link between serving and retired members of the Corps.
- To provide financial and other assistance to serving and former members of the Corps, their spouses, widows, widowers and dependants who are in need through poverty.
- To make grants, within Association Guidelines, to the Army Benevolent Fund and to other charities that further the objectives of the Association.
The motto of the Association is “Service – not self”
Further information about the Association, visit the REA website www.reahq.org.uk
Summary of Role:
The Controller is the principal staff officer of the REA, responsible to the Chairman for the day to day running of the Association. Importantly he leads a small staff and manages the large network of REA branches across the country. This is a role with little back up and consequently carries great responsibility.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Applicants must have served in the Corps of Royal Engineers and have a detailed knowledge of Royal Engineer history, customs and Association organisation.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access and Excel is essential.
- A working knowledge of charity finances and regulations is desirable.