***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Salary: £45,000 depending on experience
Deadline: 16 August
The RHC is a historic institution providing sheltered accommodation (Long Wards) and full nursing care where necessary (the Margaret Thatcher Infirmary) for some 300 retired soldiers, known as In-Pensioners. It ensures Army veterans are provided with the support and comradeship they need in recognition of their service to the Nation, and safeguards their historic home for the veterans of tomorrow.
This post supports the Registered Manager of the care services both within the Margaret Thatcher Infirmary and the Domiciliary care service.
We are seeking a registered nurse who can provide clinical leadership, lead service-based projects, and contribute to improving the quality of our care and experience for those who live here.
We want applications from energetic leaders looking for career development and we will support you to be your best and develop you to build on your skills and meet your professional goals.
We offer a competitive salary, transferable NHS pension or civil service scheme, use of our onsite gym and social club. We offer interest free loans for travel, we support your CPD and we pay your annual NMC registration fees.
We want to hear from you if you can offer us a commitment to be part of our team striving to be leading in veterans care.
The main responsibilities and accountabilities for the role:
- Oversee the Domiciliary care services ensuring compliance with best practice and developing the team to ensure compliance with L&D and performance reviews
- Oversight of compliance with quality assurance systems
- Maintenance of Infirmary compliance with Care Quality Commission fundamental standards
- Contribute to departmental policies and procedures in line with best practice and as directed by the Registered Manager
- Support the development of the service including the quality strategy and leadership development programme, embedding learning and supporting staff to develop areas of clinical interest
- Work with the Senior Staff Nurses to develop a nursing strategy and professional framework
- Promote improvements by highlighting best practice methods and excellence standards which could be adopted
- Maintain the integrity of the electronic care record system
- Manage specific service improvements projects on behalf of the Registered Manager
- Prepare information and reports on performance for agreed committees
- Contribute to the development of effective communication processes between teams to ensure a smooth co-ordination amongst those involved in In Pensioner health and wellbeing
- Oversee effective departmental communications with staff members
- Contribute to organisational dissemination of findings from surveys and actions taken
- Chair and produce minutes from departmental compliance meetings and other meetings, as directed and as appropriate to the role.
The role holder is expected to:
- Oversee the Domiciliary care team
- Assumes responsibility for the service in the Registered Manager’s absence
Skills Knowledge and Experience
- Clear and concise communicator with excellent listening skills
- A strong commitment to nursing the elderly and providing the highest standards of care to enable Pensioners to live their lives as fully and independently as possible
- An in-depth understanding of dementia
- Experience of management
- Knowledge of CQC standards and legislation
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of KareInn package
- Care Home Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Have experience and a sound understanding of the benefits the right nursing care can bring to residents’ lives
- Be able to champion the independence, choice and dignity of In Pensioners by providing the highest standards of care
- An ability to build a warm rapport with staff, In Pensioner and their families
- A natural educator, you will strive to share your knowledge of elderly care with those around you
- A good time manager, who can prioritise effectively and work independently
- Registered Nurse (current PIN number with NMC)
Note: All RHC employees are expected to be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities for their role and may be asked to perform other duties, which reasonably correspond to the general character of their role and their level of responsibility.
To apply for this post, please visit the Royal Hospital Chelsea’s website here; chelsea-pensioners.co.uk/jobs/deputy-matron.