***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Department: Directorate of Health and Wellbeing
Contract: Permanent, full time
Hours: 41 hours per week
Reports to: Director of Health and Wellbeing
Job Purpose and Summary
This post supports the Director of Health & Wellbeing’s overall leadership through the development of relevant policy, quality assurances processes, acts as the coordinator of the governance oversight committee papers. Leading on departmental quality assurance, compliance and relationships with external accreditation systems. Maintaining oversight of quality assurance and data collection systems across the department.
Within this role, the post holder will work across the Directorate working closely with a range of colleagues Physician & Surgeon, Matron and Social Care Manager and Captains, assisting with the maintenance of quality and compliance to current best practice and regulations, Leading on key annual satisfaction surveys and supporting the operation of internal and key processes, and managing specific projects on behalf of the Director of Health & Wellbeing.
The post holder will serve as the coordinator of the Clinical Governance Oversight Committee (CGOC) and will oversee the collation of data, interpretation of findings and production of relevant quarterly reports on the Directorate’s performance in key areas.
Core Tasks & Duties
- Oversee the implementation of effective quality assurance systems, as directed by the Director of Health & Wellbeing, including the maintenance of Infirmary compliance with Care Quality Commission fundamental standards.
- Develop and maintain departmental policies and procedures in line with best practice and as directed by the Director of Health & Wellbeing.
- Ensure policy documentation is personalised, easy to understand and accessible to staff members across the Directorate.
- Keep up-to-date with relevant legislation, policy developments and wider changes in the adult social care sector and support the Director of Health & Wellbeing to proactively keep the organisation up-to-date and alert to any significant regulatory changes.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Health & Wellbeing team to identify opportunities for improving compliance across their areas and support implementation, where appropriate.
- Serve as secretary of the Clinical Governance Oversight Committee with responsibilities for the preparation for all supporting documentation and serving as the departmental point of contact for committee members.
- Maintain the Royal Hospital Chelsea’s progress with current adopted quality standards and accreditation schemes, such as Quality First and Gold Standard Framework.
- Promote improvements by highlighting best practice methods and excellence standards which the Directorate could adopt.
- Assist with the implementation of effective data systems and development of key processes.
- Have oversight and reporting of departmental KPI’s.
- Support the Director of Health & Wellbeing through the development and production of supporting strategy documentation.
- Manage specific service improvement projects on behalf of the Director of Health & Wellbeing.
- Prepare information and reports on performance for a range of committees and Boards including Board of Commissioners, Executive Board and other committees, groups or managers as required.
- Contribute to the development of effective communication processes between teams to ensure smooth coordination amongst those involved in In-Pensioner health and wellbeing.
- Oversee effective departmental communications with staff members, as directed by Director of Health & Wellbeing, as appropriate . Hold responsibility for producing monthly Care Service staff newsletters, maintaining the Infirmary staff handbook and overseeing the annual staff satisfaction survey for those members of staff employed in the CQC regulated areas of the Royal Hospital.
- Create and maintain information resources for In-Pensioner’s friends and family members, and support the distribution of regular family & friends surveys and newsletters, as directed by Director of Health and Wellbeing as appropriate.
- Contribute to organisational dissemination of findings from surveys and actions taken.
- Undertake and update annually of the in pensioner handbook.
- Chair and produce minutes from departmental compliance meetings and other meetings, as directed and as appropriate to the role.
- The Royal Hospital Chelsea reserves the right to update and amend this job description to ensure it accurately reflects the role. This will be agreed in consultation with the job holder and where possible the Royal Hospital Chelsea would hope to achieve mutual agreement to any reasonable changes.
To apply, please email your CV to Emma Sweetland on email@example.com by 14 June.