***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
FIXED TERM CONTRACT – 1 YEAR
CLOSING DATE 10th SEPTEMBER
This is a full time contract role reporting to the Marketing & Events Manager, based at the Commando Training Centre Royal Marines, Lympstone.
The Events Manager will be expected to help develop and deliver a busy, high-quality event schedule catering for 50 – 2000 attendees, taking sole responsibility for the full event cycle including, planning, production, branding, supplier/venue finding, negotiation, speaker, sponsorship, auction management, budget, oversight of administration and integration of marketing and communications.
The Events Manager will require considerable events experience, be confident, diplomatic, with strong commercial awareness and a cost-savvy approach; negotiation skills and diplomacy will be second to none.
The Events Manager will play a vital role in managing and delivering fundraising and networking events, and will work collectively to improve the performance, profitability and future growth of the charity.
- Plan and manage all major fundraising events (in excess of £1 million annually)
- Plan and manage income and expenditure against agreed targets
- Plan and coordinate suppliers, venues and logistics, to ensure optimal value for money
- Plan and market event sponsorship opportunities to maximise revenue
- Plan and coordinate performers and speakers to deliver inspirational events
- Plan and oversee the production of all event promotions and materials
- Manage assigned permanent, temporary and volunteer staff
- Oversee all event health and safety, insurance and contract requirements
- Integrate with:
- The charity fundraising team to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness in order to optimise income and other benefits
- The charity marketing team to promote all activities
- The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity, the Charity’s Development Committee and other linked charities to ensure consistency and optimise mutual opportunities
- In house systems to ensure information capture and analysis
- Research and identify future opportunities to expand the remit of the charity
- Support other internal activities commensurate with the post
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of the full cycle of planning, delivery and follow up on high quality events
- Strong negotiating skills
- High degree of event sales & marketing knowledge and practical experience
- High degree of creativity in an events environment
- Excellent organisational skills, preferably with project management experience/qualification
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to carry out a number of tasks simultaneously
- Excellent MS Word, Excel, numerical and data-management skills
- Third sector experience would be an advantage
- Confident, diplomatic team player with a high level of enthusiasm and a good sense of humour
- Honesty and integrity
- Conscientious, flexible, and adaptable nature to integrate and contribute within a small team
- Attention to detail and the ability to drive issues to successful conclusions
- Ability to empathise, listen and handle sensitive situations
- Highly organised, with the ability to prioritise and fulfil numerous tasks
- The ability to work without immediate supervision
- Passionate about the cause and with a strong desire to help
- Comfortable working in a military environment
- Flexible with working hours to support wider charity activities, including evenings and weekends as required.
Salary – £28,000
30 days annual holiday
All applications should be in the form of a CV and cover letter which should be emailed to email@example.com.
Any queries, please call 01392 346429/346421.