***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Location: Porchester Terrace, London
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer, ARNO and RNOC
The Association of Royal Navy Officers (ARNO) is a 5000+ strong membership organisation for all Royal Navy, Royal Marines and QARNNS officers along with their Maritime Reserve counterparts. In addition, the association welcomes Officers from the Royal Fleet Auxiliary, WRNS, RNVR and SCC.
The aim of the association is to offer camaraderie plus a range of benefits and services, including when appropriate financial assistance utilising the Royal Navy Officers’ Charity (RNOC) to provide relevant lifelong support and to enhance the quality of life for members.
- delivery of a number of high quality periodic communications ranging from our highly valued Yearbook, bi-annual newsletters, regular e-communications and routine correspondence
- planning and delivery of a range of social events, and benefits program
- promoting the Association’s image amongst the serving and retired community utilising sponsorship, competitions, advertising and an active engagement with key decision makers in the Naval Services and Commanding Officers of all ships and establishments
As a member of a small team, the Communications Manager must be willing to cover other tasks as and when required.
Essential – Strong event management, sales & marketing knowledge and practical experience, organisational skills, preferably with project management experience or qualification. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines while managing multiple tasks and managing budgets. Excellent communication skills, numerate, strong Word and Excel user. The successful applicant will be a good team player and be adaptable and personable, and have good verbal communication skills to deal with a wide variety of people and queries.
Highly desirable – Experience of a membership organisation. WordPress experience.
Desirable – A good knowledge of the Naval Service.
Education: Ideally educated to degree level with polished written and verbal communication skills
Hours of work: 35 hours per week. Flexible with working hours to support wider charity activities, including evenings and weekends as required.
Salary: c. £40,000
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and edit ARNO yearbook, Bi-annual Newsletter and fortnightly E-Magazine and other marketing materials, liaising with potential contributors, other interested outside parties.
- Managing the production of printed materials (e.g. programme leaflets, annual review), liaising with printers and designers to ensure products are delivered to deadline
- Promote the ARNO image amongst the serving and retired community utilising sponsorship, competitions, advertising and an active engagement with key decision makers and Commanding Officers of all ships and establishments.
- Manage the quality, output and future development of the ARNO web-site.
- Instigate, arrange and manage a range of appropriate Social Events for ARNO members.
- Coordinate and attend Roadshows to recruit new members and raise awareness and profile of Association and Charity. This includes selling merchandise.
- Actively seek ways of enhancing the membership package e.g. by beneficial partnership with commercial companies.
- Develop the sales of ARNO merchandise by improved product and marketing initiatives.
- Maintain control of the delegated budget.
- Occasionally deal with queries from members, beneficiaries and service partners.
For further information or an application form please contact the CEO, Commander M Goldthorpe, by email or telephone 02074025231.
Interviews will be held late November early December for a start date February 2019.