***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Responsible to: Fundraising Operations Manager
Location: Whale Island, Portsmouth
Salary: up to £26k
The vision of the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity (RNRMC) is a world in which our sailors, marines and their families are valued and supported, for life. We strive toward this by working with others to provide support to – and advocacy for – those in need, dependants after bereavement and the serving community.
To support our strategic vision, there is a need to strengthen and develop the fundraising function, through an expert, professional and focused team.
The Legacy, Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser will be responsible for developing, delivering and maintaining the RNRMC Legacy strategy, whilst also ensuring all opportunities for approaching trusts and other sources are maximised.
This role will suit an individual with strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, coupled with an organised and meticulous approach to work. Effective relationship management and excellent donor care are key aspects of the role. The ability to prioritise, work independently and multi-task to ensure that work is completed within agreed timescales and to a high standard, is essential.
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, the role of Legacy, Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser includes:
- Responsibility for achieving income target attached to Trusts and Foundations and acting as the charity’s ‘go to’ subject matter expert in Trusts and Foundations.
- To conduct detailed research into potential Trust and Foundations supporters in order to identify suitable funding prospects.
- To build and nurture good relationships with current and potential donors/trust professionals.
- To prepare funding applications, including budgets and ensure successful applications.
- To lead on the development and implementation of the legacies strategy, developing annual plans and budgets in order to grow the legacy prospect and pledger database to secure future years’ income.
- Representing the Charity to supporters and stakeholders in a professional manner
The role holder must be able to fit into a small, busy and growing team where the tasks require enthusiasm and focus.
This is a permanent position.
Closing date is 4th June, to apply, candidates should email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org