***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Hours 37.5 hours per week
Salary £25625 – £27625
Place of Work 53 Canongate, Edinburgh, EH8 8BS
The Business Intelligence Analyst is a key member of the Head Office team. This role is responsible for providing business intelligence. and analytics services to support business and quality needs. The post-holder is responsible for the day-to-day co-ordination of information and data produced by the organisation, and its collation, analysis, presentation and dissemination as required by the Chief Executive, other Executives, the Governing Body and regulatory bodies. The role requires analytical skills and the ability to guide and advise on business intelligence including information management, risk management, statutory and regulatory requests for information, and quality assurance. Effective delivery of the role will improve the organisation’s efficiency and governance through dedicated data and information control and administration.
· The post holder will work within SVR’s Head Office to deliver information and analytics services in support of the organisation’s business and quality needs. To achieve this, the post-holder will:
· Collect data, including quality assurance, financial, risk management and housing data from the 3 SVR Residences, Head Office and other sources, to be used in the generation of business intelligence to enable the organisation to function effectively and efficiently and to carry out its statutory and regulatory requirements. Ensure that data collection is complete, timely, accurate and provides insight. Input these data into usable formats, for collation, analysis, presentation and dissemination as required to the Chief Executive, other Executives, the Governing Body and Regulators.
· Develop mechanisms and systems to support data collection ensuring that the appropriate data validation and analysis checks are in place.
· Co-ordinate, analyse and prepare statistical reports including the Governing Body’s Assurance Framework.
· Develop a Balanced Scorecard and supporting dashboards for the Governing Body, Sub-Committees and Senior Management Team.
· Drive and maintain the Head Office, Operational and Strategic Risk Registers and provide oversight of the management of the Residence Risk Registers, ensuring internal compliance with the organisation’s Risk Management policy and procedures.
· Liaise with the Secretariat of the Risk and Audit and the Quality Committees to confirm and produce their information and data requirements. Provide support to internal and external audits as required.
· Liaise with the Residence Managers to organise data collection processes.
· Support Executive staff through the receiving, checking, preparation and submission of relevant returns to enable the submission of accurate and timely data, e.g. the Annual Return on the Housing Charter (ARC).
· Respond to ad hoc information requests from the Governing Body, Executives, and regulatory bodies and ensure that these are recorded on the relevant information requests database.
· Support the investigation of possible serious incidents through the extraction of relevant, timely data.
· Contribute fully to effective information management including special category and Resident identifiable data in compliance with data protection regulations.
· Propose changes to own portfolio of work to improve delivery and contribute to quality and efficiency projects and initiatives.
Personal Specification – Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements
· The essential requirements for this role are:
· Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience.
· An advanced understanding and experience of common analytical tools.
· An advanced understanding and experience of database operations.
· An advanced understanding and experience of Sharepoint and the Microsoft 365 suite, in particular MS Teams, Excel and Power BI applications.
· Independence of thought, strong analytical and planning skills, allied with creative and reasoned thinking and the determination to deliver and succeed.
· Excellent written, graphical and verbal communication skills.
· To be able to work to deadlines.
· To be a supportive and contributing member of the Head Office team, create and maintain strong working relationships.
· The successful completion of Standard Clearance with Disclosure Scotland.
The desirable criteria for this role are:
· Previous experience of working within the business intelligence or military sectors.
· Previous experience of working within the Health and Social Care environment.
· Previous experience of working within the Social Housing sector.
· A degree or equivalent qualification or experience in the field of Information Management or Information Science
· Valid Full UK Driving Licence.