An exciting opportunity to join the team and help shape the charity’s financial management. This is a brand new role working within our small but passionate team. As the charity continues to grow, we want to ensure that we maximise the impact of funds raised for the charity and we are looking for someone to ensure that our finance function is organised, efficient and produces accurate financial and management accounts. This is a great opportunity to help shape the future development of the charity.
Our culture binds the team here at Scotty’s together and it’s something we don’t compromise on. We challenge traditional charity working practices and we’re always open to innovation. We recently installed new IT functionality, linking our charitable activities directly to our financial reporting so you’ll need to be technically minded in order to help with the final implementation of the system. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the growth of the organisation and to directly influence that growth personally. More than that though, you’ll be helping hundreds of bereaved Forces families to smile again. Click here to download our Join Our Team pack.
By taking accountability for the charity’s finance function, you will;
• Following the implementation of a bespoke cloud based financial IT system (using Salesforce) we need help with the final stages of setting up new processes and reporting.
• Working with our external software partners to finalise and fine tune the implementation.
• Managing the 2022 budgeting process.
• Overall accountability of the finance function.
• Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows.
• Maintenance of financial ledgers and accounting processes (for income and expenditure).
• Preparation of Monthly SOFA and Balance Sheet.
• Cash management and treasury duties, including credit control.
• Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained.
• Preparation of VAT returns.
• Assisting the external accountants with preparation of the year-end statutory accounts and audit.
• Providing assistance with period end stock take procedures.
• Working closely with our Accounts Assistant and helping with their professional development.