***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Seafarers UK is a charity that has been helping people in the maritime community for 100 years, by providing vital support to seafarers in need and their families. We do this by giving grants to organisations and projects that make a real difference to people’s lives, across the Merchant Navy, Fishing Fleets and Royal Navy.
Primary Job Purpose:
- To deliver a programme of fundraising events.
- To recruit participants to all challenge events.
- To meet fundraising targets for each event.
- To provide support for corporate engagement.
Fundraising Manager, Individuals & Events
- To be responsible for the project management of delegated events from the annual Seafarers UK events programme. This will involve regular contact with event suppliers/organisers and the participants.
- To focus primarily on delivering Seafarers UK challenge events – i.e. London Marathon, the 24 Peaks Team Challenge and RideLondon100 – but also a public fundraising day and potentially one fundraising dinner each year.
- To make a strong return and profit (after all costs) on all events – aiming to increase income and reduce costs where possible.
- Establishing a routine connection and regular communication plan with all key challenge event participants, with an aim to motivate and inspire them by offering support and encouragement, acknowledging their fundraising efforts and keeping them updated on how their donations have helped.
- Processing of applications for national running/cycling events such as the London Marathon and Ride London 100.
- Development of support mechanisms for each event, including information/fundraising packs and guidelines for various types of fundraising activity.
- Ensure all legal event requirements are adhered to e.g. risk assessment, insurance compliance.
- Management of event budgets, project plans and mailing lists
- To engage with our existing supporters (corporate individuals in the main), but also the general public where appropriate, encouraging them to sign up or get involved, and to fundraise.
- Work with the Marketing Team and Campaigns Manager to ensure all marketing/PR opportunities for events are used to achieve maximum impact.
- To ensure that all records of event participants are up to date and properly recorded (including individuals preferred methods of communication) and segmented within the database (Raiser’s Edge).