***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
£22,425.00 pro rata for 20 hours per week.
18-month Fixed term contract and flexible working hours.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organise, and co-ordinate veteran and family events from start to finish. This includes our monthly social, health and wellbeing events.
- Regularly communicate with veterans and their families to understand their requirements and expectations.
- Select and book venues, organise refreshments, recruit instructors for events and complete risk assessments.
- Proactively promote events using multiple media channels for spreading information about our events and services. This can include email, social media platforms, print, radio, and more.
- Follow event timelines and schedules.
- Manage event budgets and expenses.
- Effectively triage clients, provide some one-to-one coaching, signpost and make referrals to other support agencies, working closely with the team, and using our Customer Management Database and Funder’s online evaluation tools.
- Provide on-site support during events to ensure everything runs smoothly and handle any issues or emergencies that may arise during events.
- Attend other Armed Forces Events and Service Update meetings.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with our team and with military charities, VCSE organisations, Cornwall Council, NHS and Housing Associations in Cornwall to achieve the best outcomes possible for clients.
- This job role is home based and involves working remotely, however there is a great deal of face-to-face work and you will be expected to travel around Cornwall to other venues. A current driving license and own car is essential.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to this post as may be required.
- Attend relevant training in NLP, First Aid and Safeguarding.
- Previous experience in event planning, coordination and marketing. Existing connections and working relationship with military charities, VCSE organisations and the Armed Forces Community.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact with clients, instructors, team members and other agencies.
- Strong organisational skills to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- ICT Skills to update our Customer Management Database and Funder’s Online Evaluation Tools.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time efficiently.
- Confidence to work with a wide variety of personalities and changing your style on the fly to keep everyone engaged.
- Experience in fundraising events.
To apply for this role, please email the following documents:
- Your CV of no more than two sides of A4;
2. A covering letter of no more than two sides of A4 detailing why you would be suitable for this role and your preferred hours of work.
Email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for all applications is midday on Tuesday 19 December 2023. Interviews will take place in January 2023.