***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
£35,000 per annum
37.5 hours per week
Volunteer Operations, Central Office, London EC3R
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a full-time Welfare & Grants Team Manager in the Volunteer Operations department at SSAFA, the UK’s oldest national tri-service military charity.
About the role
We are seeking a manager to provide leadership to the Welfare & Grants team in SSAFA consisting of 3 Welfare Advisors. The team provide a high-quality welfare advice and grants to SSAFA’s large volunteer network of branches and divisions to enable them to best assist our beneficiaries.
The Welfare & Grants Team Manager will ensure that the volunteer network is effectively and efficiently supported with practical, technical and welfare advice. They will manage the organisation’s individual grant giving function and they will pro-actively work with the network of volunteers to identify areas of concern or risk. Furthermore, they will provide valuable input to Learning and Development to provide tailored training and work with other SSAFA departments including Major Giving, Trusts and Foundations and key stakeholders to support donor applications and provide effective solutions.
To carry out this role successfully you will have:
• Proven management experience with an understanding of when to delegate and when take ownership of work
• Significant knowledge and experience of welfare advice services including housing, benefits and debt and be pro-active in keeping up to date with developments in the social welfare field.
• Effective reporting skills including the ability to produce and analyse management information and statistical information.
• Strong IT skills with significant experience in the administration and use of Casework Management Systems (or CRM systems)
• Experience of presenting to groups on welfare related activities and support.
• Experience of working with and engaging volunteers across a wide geographical area, including across the devolved administrations would be an advantage.
• An understanding and experience of benevolence and the process and governance of grant making and a demonstrable ability to manage funds and report on the impact and outcomes of grants to individuals would be an advantage.
SSAFA is an employer that values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
For further information
If you have any queries or would like to speak to someone about this role, please contact Seb Hargreaves, Head of Welfare & Volunteer Services on 020 7463 9255 for an informal discussion.
To apply, visit SSAFA’s website
Closing date: Midnight on 21 May 2019
Interviews: TBC. If you are invited to attend an interview you will be required to undertake an aptitude test as part of the selection process.
SSAFA is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to using the Disclosure & Barring Service.