***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Type of Employment: Full –time
Location: RHQ PARA, Colchester, Essex
37.5 hours per week over 5 days
Closing Date for applications: 11 March 2022
A new position has been created within the Welfare team of Support our Paras.
The new Career Transition Officer (CTO) will provide support to those leaving and recent service leavers of The Parachute Regiment as they enter civilian life. This may be in the form of employment, housing or medical advice.
The position will be based in Colchester, with travel as required across the UK.
- Previous experience of working with service personnel and/or veterans.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to set up a new, dynamic service within the welfare team.
- Driving licence and access to own vehicle.
- A Parachute Regiment veteran.
- Knowledge of the resettlement and recovery processes.
- Dynamic and empathetic individual.
- Good standard of IT literacy, including Microsoft Office.
- Responsible for liaising with all service leavers from The Parachute Regiment.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with the resettlement and welfare specialists within The Parachute Regiment and Support our Paras.
- Responsible for referring and signposting to the appropriate public bodies and charities.
- To provide quarterly updates for the welfare report.
- Set up and maintain a database of service leavers.
- Liaise with The Parachute Regimental Association and branches.
- To report to the Head of Welfare
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com ref: CTO application.