***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Support our Paras (RCN 1131977) supports the Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces through the provision of welfare to veterans, serving soldiers and their families, and through the promotion of its regimental efficiency, ethos, spirit, and maintenance of its heritage. Support Our Paras now seeks a Head of Fundraising reporting to the CEO and working closely with the Board of Trustees. The successful applicant will be a collaborative leader and fundraising professional who can engage with donors at all levels.
The key objectives of the Head of Fundraising will be across the following areas:
Fundraising Strategy and Income Generation
- Lead an ambitious fundraising strategy to generate income by:
- Leveraging opportunities for partnership and support that exist within the Support Our Paras community, including existing donor relationships, celebrity supporters, corporates and high net worth individuals.
- Collaborate with other organisations and groups within the broader Airborne Regimental community to build partnerships and enhance fundraising.
- Lead on development of creative new funding streams to diversify income.
- Identity and manage strategic alliances with key partners, donors and supporters to facilitate the achievement of strategic aims.
- Research into potential donor demographics to gain insight into needs, beliefs and donation habits to understand how to expand and cultivate the donor base.
- Instigate and develop a database to enable focused donor relationship marketing programmes.
- Lead on the creation and execution of annual fundraising and event programmes, including custom opportunities for donor connections and experiences to raise income and attract individuals and corporates to support the Charity.
- Analyse the performance of all fundraising activities to identify effectiveness, contribution towards generating awareness, cost efficiency and future growth opportunity.
- Ensure the Charity’s resources and processes are in place to deliver the strategy ensuing compliance with the Fundraising Regulator and GDPR.
- Responsible for establishing a comprehensive communication plan to support fundraising events and activities, so maximising income generation.
- Build awareness and reputation of the charity through different marketing activity and channels to ensure we are top of mind amongst existing supporters and prospective supporters.
- Manage and oversee one staff report, the Fundraising & Communications Manager.
- Ensure fundraising events are coordinated working with staff and volunteers.
- Work with the Finance Team to aid budgeting, compliance with regulatory guidance and cost efficient fundraising projects.
- Work with the Welfare Team to ensure understanding of the Charity’s output and impact and to identify projects for fundraising efforts.
What we’re looking for
Experience and Knowledge
- Evidence of generating significant fundraising achievement
- Knowledge of the UK funding landscape with experience in creating and driving successful campaigns and appeals, including using direct marketing techniques.
- Understanding of the various regulations around fundraising and income generation.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a senior fundraising position.
- Multi-disciplined fundraiser with experience across different income streams i.e. Corporate Partnerships, Major Donors, Events and Individual Giving.
- Event management skills and experience
- Exemplary communication abilities, both written and verbal
- Strong people and relationship skills, with required diplomacy and directness
- Energetic, creative, driven and engaging,
- Strategic thinker with ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excels under pressure and challenging situations
- Solution focused and problem-solving nature
- Excellent organisational abilities and attention to detail
- Board level gravitas
- Team player
What we can offer you
- Up to £50k salary depending on qualifications and experience
- Contributory pension
- 25 days of annual leave (plus 8 days paid public holidays)
- Location RHQ PARA Colchester (Merville Barracks) with flexibility for UK travel and remote working
To apply for this role
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the position with your CV/Resume (no photos) to firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles ‘your name cover letter” and “your name CV.” Please also let us know where you saw the post advertised.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 18 March. Initial interviews will be conducted according to prevailing guidance and may be by Zoom