***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
After discussions with the established charities Help for Heroes and Battle Back, in 2012 a group of friends decided to establish a charity for wounded ex-Iraq and Afghanistan campaign soldiers using skiing as the confidence-building platform. From that starting point, Supporting Wounded Veterans (SWV), formerly Skiing with Heroes, now supports over 100 Veterans through an on-going rehabilitation programme dedicated to empowering and supporting the veterans back into occupation, training and employment. Fundamentally, the charity supports Veterans after their discharge from the Armed Forces, which is often where the most exacting on-going help is needed. Founded by Gilly Norton, SWV (patron General Sir Nick Carter) the charity has a substantial active committee and draws on a network of supporting people and companies to deliver its annual events and rehabilitation programmes (Skihabilitation, Mentoring, Pain Management and Occupation, Training and Employment). 90% of our Team works on a voluntary basis.
- £35,000 per annum, paid monthly in arrears
- 28 days holiday per annum (20 days + 8 days bank/public holidays)
- Charity Founder (CEO) and Chief Operating Officer
Job description and primary objectives
Assisting the Founder/CEO, COO, Trustees and Charity Committee members in ensuring, the smooth day to day organisation and administration of the charity. He/she will be responsible for chasing those responsible for carrying out Trustees/executive committee decisions and, where appropriate/necessary getting involved to ensure timely delivery.
Key skills, experience and qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- IT familiarity and Proficiency in MS Office.
- Previous relevant PA/Administrative experience, plus demonstrable project coordination skills.
- Experience of working with committees and dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Be a self-starter and able to work to deadlines whilst coping with competing priorities.
- Be an adept problem solver, with a keen eye for detail.
- Be able to build credibility with individuals at all levels.
- Event management experience
- Locating and allocating invoices and expenses with the in-house accountant
Working environment (based in London):
Your place of work will vary between the Founder/CEO’s house (W2), COO’s house (SW8), and the office (Royal Hospital Chelsea). Flexibility will be needed, but it is expected that you will work for one day a week with the Founder/CEO (either in the office or at her house), one day a week at COO’s house, and the rest of the week in the office.
Full time, based on 5 working days a week (8 hours per day excluding lunch and breaks)
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Organise and coordinate meetings and travel arrangements
- Take/type and distribute minutes of meetings
- Maintain schedules and calendars for the Founder/CEO, COO and the Trustees
- Arrange and confirm appointments
- Organize internal and external events
- Handle incoming mail and other material ensuring redirection where appropriate. Locating and managing invoices and expenses with in house accountant.
- Prepare and manage correspondence, reports and documents
- Good M S skills (Word Excel)
- Implement and maintain office systems and collating information to ensure smooth running of office, including:
- Ensure Policies & Procedures are kept up to date
- Management of office supplies, ensuring printers at office and other work areas have plentiful supply of paper, toner, ink etc.
- Set up and maintenance of filing systems (both physical and virtual)
- Set up and maintenance of work procedures
- Set up and maintenance of databases
- Operate office equipment (ensuring Laptop, Hard drives, Printers, Phones etc. maintained)
- Liaison with internal and external contacts, communicating verbally and in writing, answering enquiries, providing information – ensuring attention to detail in all communications
- Coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally, ensuring good communication between Trustees and Committee Members
- Ensuring good communication and clear understanding between Founder/CEO, COO, Trustees and other SWV areas: Event Management, the Ski Week, Mentoring, Employment and Pain Management, i.e. full awareness of meetings that are taking place, and good communication with administrators in these areas.
Please send cover note and your c.v. to Zizi@supportingwoundedveterans.com