***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
The Naval Children’s Charity (NCC) is a dynamic and forward-thinking Children’s charity with a vision to ensure that every deserving and eligible child has information and access to support from the Naval Charity Sector – because a society that has children at its heart is a better society for everyone.
The NCC provide financial and holistic support to disadvantaged children who have a parent who is serving or has served in the Royal Navy (inc Reserves and Royal Fleet Auxiliary) providing grants to individuals, community projects and resources. We are a proactive Charity looking to the future and undertaking research to inform and support decisions and the direction of travel.
We are seeking a new Chair of Trustees to lead our Board as we build on our 2020 Strategy, ensuring we remain a relevant and effective organisation. Supporting over 2000 children annually with a turnover of £1.5 million and an investment Fund of over £12million we are governed by a strong Trustee Board of 13 individuals with a diverse range of skills.
Our new Chair will have
- Strong leadership
- Board experience (preferably at Chair or Vice Chair level)
- A dynamic and focused outlook
- Good knowledge of budgeting and finance
- Passion for delivering real life chances/opportunities for otherwise disadvantaged children
- Knowledge and experience of the Naval or Armed Forces sector could be advantageous
We are committed to diversity on our Board and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As Chair this exciting opportunity will have
- Induction, training and a three-month handover with the outgoing Chair
- Opportunities to make strategic decision and develop new skills
- Opportunities to network to make change and influence at high levels
- Influence to shape the strategic direction of the Charity ensuring it remains a relevant and effective organisation
- The chance to deliver real life chances and opportunities for otherwise disadvantaged children
The expected time commitment as Chair is 50 days per year including three Main Board meetings (March, July, October), two Finance Sub-committee meetings (February, September), other external meetings appropriate for the Chair to attend and participate in, and regular liaison with the Chief Executive ensuring a good understanding of the day-to-day workings of the Charity.
The role of Chair is not remunerated but the Chair is encouraged to reclaim all reasonable travelling and similar expenses incurred in carrying out the role. The initial term of appointment is three years which can be extended by the Board.
For an application pack or informal discussion with the Chief Executive or outgoing Chair please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 9263 9536 or visit www.navalchildrenscharity.org.uk
Closing date: 12 November 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in the selection process during November and December 2021 with the appointment commencing with handover in March 2022 prior to taking up the role June 2022