***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Full time: 37.5 hours per week
Fixed term for 1 year initial contract
This is an excellent opportunity to join The Poppy Factory to deliver our employability service in the Greater London area at an innovative period of service expansion for a 1 year pilot. This is a peripatetic role, partially embedded with a leading provider of supported housing for veterans in Fulham in a partnership venture, and at other times required to work from our Richmond head office, or out in the community delivering employment support to veterans across the London area.
The Poppy Factory Employability Service has supported over a thousand veterans back into work who have some form of mental or physical health challenge in relation to employment. We are ambitious about supporting many more wounded; injured or sick veterans into meaningful and sustainable work as we look to expand our service in the London area.
· Able to form effective & collaborative relationships quickly with a range of partners in Greater London?
· Recovery oriented and hopeful about every person’s ability to succeed in employment, and open minded about helping people move into competitive jobs regardless of physical or mental health issues?
· A creative problem-solver who asks questions to learn more about a situation and is thoughtful and tenacious in working with others to find a range of possible solutions?
The successful candidate for this role will have a sound track record of working with people with mental and physical health conditions or disabilities and supporting them to gain and sustain work, as well as excellent employer engagement skills.
The role also requires strong networking and relationship management skills with the ability to work collaboratively with referral partners as we look to expand our service in the region.
Prior IPS experience would be an advantage, although training and support will be available.
The Poppy Factory aims to be an exemplar employer. We provide competitive terms and conditions of employment including:
· A generous Company Pension scheme
· Company-paid life assurance
· Funding available for permanent employees to study for the Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance & Development
For the full job description and more information about the role please download the Candidate Pack.
How to apply
To apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter clearly outlining how you meet the essential criteria in the person specification. You may address your covering letter to Abigail Boyle, Director of Operations.
The successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
· The post is anticipated to close at midnight on 23 August, with interviews expected to take place in early September. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage candidates to apply promptly.
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Tom Adam (firstname.lastname@example.org). No agencies please.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to equality, valuing diversity and promoting inclusion within our workforce, including the volunteers who give their time to us. We work to maintain an environment where the needs and aspirations of all employees are met, irrespective of characteristics protected under the legislative framework of the Equality Act 2010. We expect everyone to understand and accept their personal responsibility to recognise and value differences and the unique contributions that people make to the way we deliver our work.
As an equal opportunities employer our commitment is to take positive measures to recruit people from underrepresented groups, and we actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. As a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview for any job applicant with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the role. Please indicate in your covering letter if you wish to be considered under this scheme. We are also happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the application or interview process to accommodate disabled candidates.
We are a family friendly employer and happy to discuss flexible working.