***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Location: Home-based with significant travel across Mid and North Wales
Salary: £28,111 – £29,192 depending on qualifications and experience
Would you like to be inspired every day in a highly rewarding role? Whether it’s the veterans we support, your colleagues or the other services that we collaborate with, you will be working with an exceptional group of people.
At the Poppy Factory, we help armed forces veterans with health conditions to find meaningful and sustainable employment after service. This often means overcoming significant barrier to employment. Our aim is to empower veterans, help them to recognise their unique skills and give them the confidence to move forwards in their career.
As an Employment Consultant, you will be assisting veterans across Mid and North Wales back into work. Based at your home, but with extensive travel, you will help with application materials, overcome challenges, and connect with employers. You will also work alongside professionals in other services such as health or welfare to ensure that the veterans have access to all the support they need to overcome barriers to gain and retain employment.
What do we need from you?
- Empathetic and effective communicator. You will be comfortable building rapport and trust with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- A collaborative mindset. You will enjoy working as part of a team with colleagues based across the UK who support each other in what can sometimes be a challenging role. You will also work closely with many other organisations for the benefit of the veterans you will be supporting..
- Motivation and commitment. It takes hard work, tenacity and time to help people reach their employment goals. You will sometimes be helping people in challenging circumstances who need intensive support to move forwards.
- This is hugely varied role and no two days are the same. You will often need to balance competing priorities or quickly shift focus depending on the needs of the people you will be supporting.
Why should you apply?
- A chance to give back to our armed forces and make a positive and lasting impact to the lives of veterans and their families.
- Competitive salary and benefits package including generous holiday and pension contributions.
- A welcoming and empowering culture, with regular opportunities for team connecting and shared learning throughout the year.
- Variety in the role, a mix of travelling in your area, home working and occasional visits to the historic Poppy Factory in Richmond, London
- The opportunity to develop your region and build relationships with employers and other support services that best meet the needs of the people you’re supporting.
- Be part of an iconic charity with a 100+ year history
For more insight into the role, read our colleague Kirsty’s account of a ‘day in the life’ of an Employment Consultant.
For further information, including the full job description for the role, please refer to the candidate pack.
How to apply
To apply for this position please prepare your CV and a covering letter clearly outlining how you meet the essential criteria in the person specification as set out above and submit via the online application process. Please address your covering letter to Tom Adam, Policy and Impact Manager.
For an informal conversation to find out more about this role, please email email@example.com to arrange a phone call.
Please note, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage candidates to apply promptly.
No agencies please.
Equality & Diversity
We are committed to equality, valuing diversity, and promoting inclusion within our workforce, including the volunteers who give their time to us. We work to maintain an environment where the needs and aspirations of all employees are met, irrespective of characteristics protected under the legislative framework of the Equality Act 2010. We expect everyone to understand and accept their personal responsibility to recognise and value differences and the unique contributions that people make to the way we deliver our work.
As an equal opportunities employer our commitment is to take positive measures to recruit people from underrepresented groups, and we actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. As a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview for any job applicant with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the role. Please indicate in your covering letter if you wish to be considered under this scheme. We are also happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the application or interview process to accommodate disabled candidates.
Additionally, we offer a guaranteed first interview to applicants who meet the essential role criteria and in any of the following groups:
- Veteran of the UK armed forces
- Family member of serving personnel or veteran
We are a family friendly employer and happy to discuss flexible working.