Full time: 37.5 hours per week
The Poppy Factory Employment Service has supported over a thousand veterans who have mental or physical health challenges, or other barriers, into employment. We are ambitious about supporting many more ex Armed Forces individuals into meaningful and sustainable work as we adapt and grow our service to meet changing needs.
We have a vacancy for an Employment Consultant to work across Wales
This is an excellent opportunity to join The Poppy Factory at an exciting period in supporting veterans as we are developing and growing our service in the community and via a number of embedded pilot projects in partnership with the NHS and other organisations.
- Experienced in supporting individuals into employment through a personalised approach, with specific knowledge around the needs of people with health conditions and other barriers to employment?
- Able to form effective & collaborative relationships quickly with a range of partners, both for referrals and employment opportunities, across Wales
- Recovery oriented and hopeful about every person’s ability to succeed in employment, open minded about helping people move into competitive jobs regardless of physical or mental health issues or other barriers?
- A creative problem-solver who asks questions to learn more about a situation and is thoughtful and tenacious in working with others to find a range of possible solutions?
The successful candidate for this role will have a sound track record of working with people with mental and physical health conditions and/or other barriers to employment (such as criminal record, housing and finance, long term unemployment etc.) and supporting them to gain and sustain work, as well as excellent employer engagement skills.
The role also requires strong networking and relationship management skills with the ability to work collaboratively with referral partners, and potential employers as we look to expand and develop our service around the UK.
The Poppy Factory aims to be an exemplar employer. We provide competitive terms and conditions of employment including:
- A generous Company Pension scheme
- Company-paid life assurance
- Training and on-going Professional Development
How to apply:
For more information about this role, please visit The Poppy Factory website.
No agencies please
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The Poppy Factory is committed to equality, valuing diversity and promoting inclusion. Our commitment is to take positive measures to recruit people from underrepresented groups, and we actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the application or interview process to accommodate disabled candidates.