***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Are you an exceptional, persuasive and versatile Trusts, Statutory and Foundations grant bid writer, with a high degree of attention to detail? The RMA-The Royal Marines Charity is looking for you.
You will play a crucial part in the teams’ success in growing voluntary income from Trusts, Foundations and Statutory sources from UK and abroad. Collaborating with teams across the charity to draft, edit and proofread bids and supporting material.
If you are an experienced bid writer with a proven track record of securing high value grants and developing successful projects, this is a brilliant opportunity for you.
This is an exciting new role helping to grow the Charity at a pivotal point in its history, where support is needed more now than ever before.
Royal Marines are deployed on duty around the globe 365 days a year. Though they form only 3% of UK defence forces, they provide 47% of UK Special Force personnel. As elite personnel, Royal Marines are disproportionately exposed to danger, which in turn has had disproportionate consequences over the past 20 years. As we write today, several Royal Marines units have been redirected from their defence tasks to support the NHS, Emergency Services, local authorities and Government responsibilities at home and abroad in the COVID-19 pandemic, and will be on the front line ensuring medical assistance, delivery of vital supplies and resources, and assisting the Emergency Services with their duties.
We are the Royal Marines own Charity and are uniquely placed to understand, respond and react, enabling Marines and their families to overcome their challenges, which include life changing injury, life limiting illness, mental illness, transition to civilian life and even poverty.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Senior Bid Writer is responsible for the development and submission of grant applications: writing high quality applications, cultivating funder partnerships, developing project concepts, project managing bid preparation and reports for both Trusts and Statutory funders.
- Proactively identify prospects that have a strong fit with our cause and strategy
- Achieve an agreed annual trusts and statutory grant income target to support the Charity’s strategy and business plan.
- Research, write and co-ordinate high-quality grant applications ensuring deadlines are met and all internal contributors are clear as to their role in delivery and reporting.
- Drive and co-ordinate cross organisational bid and project development, working with colleagues and partners to develop new project concepts and support their writing of applications and reports.
- In collaboration with colleagues develop detailed and accurate budgets for projects and funding applications, and which support full cost recovery and the Charity’s financial processes and reporting.
- Maintain an up-to-date overview of project funding (current and planned) and track funding opportunities and match with the project priorities.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with potential and existing major funders to deepen their involvement with and support for the Charity
- Ensure that match funding needs resulting from grant applications are identified, communicated early and integrated into wider fundraising planning.
- Keep abreast of grant fundraising trends in the UK welfare and fundraising sector and follow new funding developments that can be applied to the RMA-TRMC’s work, including through networking and researching funding opportunities.
- Ensure all applications (whether successful or not) are recorded on the CRM database.
- Manage workflow and workload, adapting plans for key delivery periods
- Monitor and report on progress of projects as required to funders.
- Forge strong links with other departments to ensure all
- Demonstrate qualities that motivate, inspire team members to engage with the bid writing process.
Please download the Full Job Description below.
Apply in writing online to the Director of Development with a CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the job specification criteria to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Midday Friday 1 May 2020
Candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.