***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Application closing date: 14/02/2020
Salary: £74,452 – £79,452 per annum (£70,000-£75,000 plus London Weighting £4452)
About The Royal British Legion
The Legion is at the heart of a national network that supports our Armed Forces community through thick and thin – ensuring their unique contribution is never forgotten. We’ve been here since 1921 and we’ll be here as long as they need us.
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
- A desire to provide a great customer service and support
- Enjoy and thrive in working in teams and with others
- Passionate about supporting the Armed Forces community and honouring their contribution
- Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
- An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so then we would like to hear from you ….
The Royal British Legion is responsible for the annual Poppy Appeal, leads the nation in Remembrance and provides through life support to the Armed Forces Community, including serving, veterans and their families and dependants.
Reporting to the Director of Remembrance and Marketing, the post holder will be responsible for leading and managing the Marketing department to deliver an integrated communications plan to the Royal British Legion’s key audiences: Beneficiaries: Supporters, Members and Public.
Are you a hardworking, strong leader with the gravitas to lead a team to new heights? Are you looking for a new strategic challenge? Are you ready to spearhead the next stage of development of a strong brand? If so, read on.
This role will be responsible for Head of Brand, Head of Digital, Head of PR, Head of Social Media & Content and Head of Armed Forces Marketing. This strategic and diverse role will give the post holder the autonomy to bring the department together in harmony in order to achieve their goals over the next 5 years. Are you ready to set a clear direction?
- Develop and agree objectives for all the marketing channels
- Take full budget responsibility for a multi-million pound budget
- Lead the Communications strategy for national events and the RBL’s centenary in 2021
- Develop, agree and report KPI’s across Marketing
- Lead the further development a best in class digital hub and digital & content strategy that supports the needs and expectations of the marketing team and wider organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the organisation as we are reviewing the RBL’s strategic direction and embarking on a new strategy. You will embark on this with a highly skilled and vibrant team who are ready to continue the great work the organisation is currently doing.
The successful candidate will have significant experience and can demonstrate:
- Managing a budget in excess of £5m
- Managing large, diverse teams across all spectrums of the Marketing function and implementing a results-based approach
- Creating, developing and executing annual marketing plans
- Developing all aspects of brand strategy
- Strong expertise in digital marketing & development
The poppy is not just about remembrance: it’s also about providing hope for the Armed Forces community of all ages, throughout the year. Can you help to develop greater understanding of the full scope of the Legion’s valuable work outside of Remembrance and help develop a brand fit for its next 100 years? Wouldn’t you like to be part of one of the largest charity appeals in the Sector?
If you feel that you would like to rise to the challenge and that this is the right role for you then please apply now.
Closing date for this role is: 14 February 2020