***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Salary: FTE £30,939 per annum (£26,487 plus £4452 London Weighting) pro rata
About The Royal British Legion
The Legion is at the heart of a national network that supports our Armed Forces community through thick and thin – ensuring their unique contribution is never forgotten. We’ve been here since 1921 and we’ll be here as long as they need us.
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
– A desire to provide a great customer service and support
– Enjoy and thrive in working in teams and with others
– Passionate about supporting the Armed Forces community and honouring their contribution
– Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
– An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others
If so then we would like to hear from you ….
We are looking to recruit an exceptional Branches & Trusts Accountant to support the Senior Branches & Trusts Accountant in maintaining accurate records of Branch, Trust, and County funds and producing consolidated accounts for the Legion’s Branches and Trusts.
Reporting to the Senior Branches & Trusts Accountant, you will:
– Maintain accurate records of Branch and Trust activity in the Legion’s Open Accounts (OA) system, enabling aggregation of the Annual Returns (Accounts) of Branches, Groups and Counties into the Charity Group accounts.
– Ensure a timely response to queries and requests from County and Branch officers received via TopDesk or e-mail, referring policy matters to the Senior Branches & Trusts Accountant
– Produce regular statements of account for each Trust and aggregated management reports. Reporting on Trust balances and highlighting opportunities to improve investment returns on Trust Funds. Managing investment of Trust funds in line with agreed policies.
– Provide a full accounting and administration service to the independent Charitable Trusts, including advising on financial matters and the preparation of year-end financial statements.
The successful candidate will be computer literate, particularly with MS Office, with significant experience in a financial role within a large and complex organisation with multiple stakeholders.
You will also have experience in preparing and posting journals, completing reconciliations and maintaining accurate accounting records. An excellent communicator with a strong customer service ethos, you will build relationships with stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally. It is also vital that you demonstrate alignment with the Legion’s values.
This is a part time role. You will be required to attend our Head Office in Borough each Tuesday and Thursday per week.
Closing date for this role is Wednesday 29 January