***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Role: Impact Director
Salary £68,000 – £71,000
Hours Full time
At The Seafarers’ Charity, we believe all those who work at sea (seafarers) and their families should be valued and remain free of need and disadvantage. Through our grant giving, research and advocacy work, we are bringing about truly life-changing impact for many who work – or have worked – at sea, and their families.
We are seeking an experienced leader who will lead, shape and oversee our grant-making, advocacy and wider impact work. The successful candidate will be experienced in delivering strategies with the ability to influence, inspire and motivate those around you and to ensure that the charity is maximising opportunities and delivering on key performance indicators, outcomes and impact.
- Act as a key member of the Leadership Team, helping to develop and refine our strategy.
- Represent The Seafarers’ Charity through public speaking engagements and collaborative working groups.
- Budget management of in excess of £2.2m per annum for grant making and strategic impact.
- Direction setting and line management of an Impact Team consisting of 5 people.
- External relationship management of funded delivery partners, building and maintaining relationships with other grant funders and external liaison with other stakeholders
- Working strategically across the organisation to support our fund-raising and income focus
- Provide advice and guidance – to staff, the Leadership Team and Trustees.
We encourage applications from all regardless of age, sexuality, socio-economic background, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, or beliefs. We are committed to building a culture of belonging and inclusion and this is reflected in our policies, practices, and diversity in maritime networks and supported by our inclusion in the Maritime UK Diversity Charter.
We are a family friendly organisation, and we encourage flexible working as we want our employees to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Currently our employees are working flexibly (formally and informally) and we offer the opportunity to work in our offices in central London.
If you are interested in applying, please send a current CV and supporting statement – which should outline your suitability in relation to the Job Specification, your motivation for the position to email@example.com by midnight Sunday 16 October 2022.
Initial interviews will be held from 20 October 2022 and the following week.
Second Interviews will be held week commencing 31 October.