***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Temporary Finance Manager – Job Specification
Fixed Term Post – 12 months (wef November, 2021)
Contract – Part -time (2.5 to 3 days per week)
Location – Mainly remote working
Salary £24,000 – £27,000 (pro rata) depending on skills and experience
Deadline – 4 October 2021
This role will provide temporary professional accountancy cover for a fixed term of 12 months within the Veterans’ Foundation (VF) which, mainly supports veterans of UK armed forces and their dependants in need through its grants’ programme. Even though our Executive Team is small, the VF has achieved significant growth over the last five years largely due to the success of the Veterans’ Lottery. As a result, this has enabled the VF to award grants of over £7.1 million since we started in 2016.
The main responsibility of the Temporary Finance Manager (TFM) will be, mainly, to support the CFO in managing the finances of the VF. Currently, the VF has a team of four; therefore, it is important that you are comfortable working in such an environment. You must be a self-starter, with lots of initiative, energy and enthusiasm, willing to take on a wide range of tasks, but thoroughly reliable and consistent. The FM will be expected to liaise closely with our partners, including our accountants and our bankers. The role can be performed mainly by remote working; there may be occasional requirement to attend our Edinburgh office
For more details about us, please refer to https://www.veteransfoundation.org.uk
Tasks for the FM will include:-
- Providing relevant details to accountants ahead of monthly management accounts.
- Reviewing management accounts, with short reports ahead of Trustees meetings.
- Liaising with accountants to ensure the annual audit process is managed effectively
- Preparing and monitoring of the annual budget and updating this, when necessary
- Preparing and administering regulatory returns.
- Monitoring funds available for grants and outlining future grant instalments.
- Reviewing the financial performance of the lottery and other fundraising activities.
- Organizing invoice payments and administering bank accounts
- Administering Gift Aid Claims and their submission to HMRC
- As appropriate, to carry out other tasks, within competence and capacity, as determined by CEO and CFO, to spread workload.
Please send your CV together with a covering letter outlining clearly why you are suited to carrying out this job and what skills, knowledge and experience you can bring to the VF.
These should be emailed to Paul Heward by no later than 4 October at this address:-