***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
The Scotland and Overseas Regional Manager is a new role and has been created in response to the need for the WEA to better support the serving and veteran community in the Scotland and Overseas regions. It is being funded by a generous grant from Greenwich Hospital, a large and well-known naval charity that exists to, among other things, provide relief and support to the same beneficiaries that the WEA exists to serve.
Whilst the WEA currently provides part-time support to Scotland and Overseas, we are establishing this post to provide full-time support to these regions. This is necessary because of the expansion of the naval population in Scotland over the next decade and equally the growth in naval posts overseas, including the new permanent naval facility in
As such the WEA is seeking an individual with suitable Service experience and empathy with the potential client base to further develop and enhance the WEA’s service to these important regions. Appropriate training opportunities and short secondments will be arranged to prepare the successful candidate for the role.
The Scotland and Overseas Regional Manager will be responsible to the CEO for the delivery of the following functions within his/her regions of responsibility:
- To conduct personal interviews and undertake casework for serving and retired members of the Royal Navy & Royal Marines as required; this includes members of the Royal Navy and Royal Marine Reserve Forces, the Royal Fleet Auxiliary and family members.
- To provide ‘Your Future’ presentations to those in transition from the Service, including awareness of: resettlement entitlements; entitlements under the Armed Forces Pensions Schemes; medical discharge entitlements; how to apply for those entitlements; guidance on tax implications of entitlements under AFPS; and the assistance which the WEA can provide in respect of civilian employment and matters of personal administration.
- To provide ‘Financial Awareness Lectures’ to Phase 2 trainees in Scotland, including awareness of: financial key concepts and principles; impact of financial mismanagement; minimising risk and accessing help; Service specific financial support schemes; and entitlement to benefits and length of service.
- To provide bespoke pension awareness presentations to groups or units on request.
- To represent the WEA at naval establishments and operational units in Scotland, principally His Majesty’s Naval Base Clyde (Faslane), MoD Caledonia (Rosyth) and 45 Commando (Arbroath).
- To represent the WEA at overseas naval establishments and military establishments with a significant naval presence (including Gibraltar and the permanent naval facility in Bahrain) and operational units whilst deployed.
- To refer beneficiaries to other charities, relevant subject matter experts within the WEA or the WEA Panel of Professional Advisers, where they can provide the relevant guidance or advice which has been sought from the WEA.
Prospective applicants are invited to discuss the role with either Marty Small, Regional Manager South-West, Mob.07787-415400. E-mail: email@example.com or Dave Scholey, Regional Manager South East & East, Mob: 07827-885513. E-mail: David.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Association is hoping to fill this vacancy by May 2023. Applications may be made from the date of this notice and should be in the form of a covering letter and CV. The covering letter should address the competencies covered in this candidate brief and explain why you would be a compelling candidate for the post. The letter and CV should be forwarded via email to the CEO or posted to the Association at the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer
The White Ensign Association
London SE1 2JH
Envelopes should be marked ‘Scotland and Overseas Regional Manager application’ and e-mails should be titled similarly. Applications must arrive by Friday 6 January 2023. It is hoped that interviews will take place during the week beginning 23 January 2023.