***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location Victoria, London
Start date: 2 December 2019
Salary: £23,000 – £24000 dependant on experience.
Tickets For Troops is a registered charity which was set up in 2009 to provide members of the British Armed Forces with top event tickets to a variety of sporting, musical and cultural events as a mark of appreciation for the hard work and sacrifices these brave men and women make on the country’s behalf.
We have over 66,000 active members and have distributed over 1.5 million tickets to servicemen and women in the last ten years demonstrating the enormous support our industries have for our troops.
Who we’re looking for and to do what?
- We’re looking for someone who can deliver excellent customer service to our military members and ticketing partners as well as handle any issues that might arise.
- You will be liaising with current and new ticket donors on a day to day basis to distribute customer guest lists and solicit tickets. You will also be supporting the operations of the charity.
- The Tickets For Troops team has four full time employees and therefore we’re looking for someone who is keen to get stuck in and become very much part of the team.
1. Managing and sending email reminders to troops ahead of each event;
2. Sending customer (troop) lists over to our ticket donors on a daily basis;
3. Building and maintaining relationships with current and new ticket donors;
4. Working with the Operations Manager on the events brought in by our regional ambassadors.
5. Managing the Operations Assistant on a daily basis and help train Temps over our busy periods.
6. Providing a high level of customer service for our members, ensuring a consistent and professional approach to all queries via phone and email;
7. Keep a regular eye on our social media channels and regularly requesting feedback from the troops for us to pass onto our ticket donors.
8. Working with the TFT team to ensure all ticket donations are successfully allocated and distributed to servicemen and women on time;
9. Assisting the Director of Operations with the organisation and fulfilment of fundraising, special TFT events and any other projects or tasks as requested.
1-2 years’ experience in a customer service or operations based role.
- Self-starter and extremely proactive
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong ability to priorities workload to meet deadlines
- Personable with the ability to build and maintain working relationships – internal and external
- Very good at working well independently and as part of a team
- Good ability to research and collate information
- Good attention to detail
- Empathic with the vision, values and aims of the charity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the charitable sector
- Experience in relationship management
- Knowledge and interest of live events industry, sports clubs, gigs, concerts and entertainment events
- Knowledge of the military
How to apply?
Please email your CV and a cover letter (max 1 pages) to email@example.com telling us how you meet the person specification above, what you can bring to the team and most importantly why you would like to work for Tickets For Troops.
Deadline for applications will be 6 November – please note we may review and make contact with potential candidates before the deadline.